#FolksyHour on Twitter

I took part last night in the first #folksyhour. It was fairly frantic but great fun. I think it will get better the longer it continues and as more people come to realise the benefit. Today I shall work on making connections with the people who retweeted and favourited some of my tweets and checkout the shops of other people involved.
Bee

4 Likes

I took part last night, but had my daughter helping, I am not sure how to link from Twitter so was happy to retweet and favourite where I could. I did learn more about using twitter though, but no sales or increase in views obviously lol

1 Like

Nah, no sales.
I forgot about FB, I should have added a link. Il do that next week.

No sale for me either, but I discovered lots of lovely people and shops I hadnt seen before.
I really enjoyed it, and the time flew by, but yes it was very frantic.

Karen

3 Likes

Yes I agree it went so fast and I saw items not seen before, but how do you then go back and find their shop. I saw lovely items on photos but when I clicked on them I just saw a larger photo - sorry I am a bit of a technofeeb Rachel

Rachel @Glehcar I think at the beginning of the hour Folksy suggested we introduce ourselves and add a shop link. It was too busy at the time to look properly at all shops, but today was easier and II had a very pleasant time going back to look more carefully and followed people whoā€™d re-tweeted or favourited my tweets. Think itā€™ll get easier when we used to it :blush:

oh tut Bee how daft am I (dont answer that) I didnt know you could go back - I will go and have a look now

2 Likes

My lips are zipped LOL! In any case you canā€™t be as daft as me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was out last night but Iā€™m hoping to search through the hashtag later this evening.

Just a little reminder that itā€™s FolksyHour between 8-9pm on Twitter tonight!

It would be lovely to see you all there!

3 Likes

Meanwhile, randomly, thereā€™s a sewing hashtag trending! - #sewingpop

https://twitter.com/hashtag/sewingpop?src=tren

1 Like

I will be there! As I am just reopening my shop on here will be good to be a bit more visible!

Do a search for #FolksyHour on your twitter page, then all the tweets that had that hastag in them will show up. Hopefully that way you can re-find the lovely things you saw :wink: Clicking on a photograph will enlarge it, if you click on that it will take you to the users twitter page. Best thing to do is click on the shop/personā€™s user name, this should give you an option to follow them etc. Join in again tonight and give it a try :smiley:

1 Like

@Squinty Also useful if you canā€™t make it tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Squinty I will give that a go :smiley:

I went on Twitter for a Folksy hour and didnā€™t find it useful. Just people listing their makes. Wouldnā€™t it be better to have a theme to discuss like bloggers and networking hours do?

There were some Qs Folksy asked so that it didnā€™t become just a ā€œlisting makesā€ bomb. I took part in that but only in the last half hour as was late getting on Twitter. Was good fun :smile:

2 Likes

I missed those! It was very busy.

Missed it tonight.

I agree that qā€™s from Camilla are hugely important to stop it becoming spammy, it worked well last week.

2 Likes

It did move quick, was just about keeping up!

2 Likes