Getting feed up with this

Ah, doh! Thanks Joy

Bekki thatā€™s okā€¦ I used to be old school IT and was the person to go to if you wanted something testing to see if you could break itā€¦ I always could !!

1 Like

:joy: that would be a fun job!

It wasā€¦I used to look forward to going in to work to do some problem solvingā€¦

2 Likes

@JOYSofGLASS From what I can see, thereā€™s no obvious reason it shouldnā€™t be working. The paypal address now entered is the same one that had a previous successful payment months ago.

Google suggests that error message mostly seems to be used when itā€™s about the payment being blocked because of something on the buyerā€™s side, but when it doesnā€™t work for you, me or @Richard92ā€™s friend, I donā€™t think that can be the case.

I have sorted it no and fingers crossed it should be Ok.

I did get a text from Paypal to ask me to confirm that it was a genuine payment of 20p when I tried to order the test product. I confirmed it was and it said you can now go ahead but it failed just the same the next time but without a text. Also tried again a couple of days ago after the discussion on gmail suffixes and still failed (+ text). Now that could have meant it was the 20p that was the problem but the initial problem he reported were normal sales ā€¦not the 20p which was only set up so we could try itā€¦
Very odd and I 'm at a loss as to how to help.

The initial problems had been to a different PayPal address though, so we might have to wait and see if a full priced order gets through on this one ok, if thereā€™s a chance itā€™s having problems with the small amount.

This is why Iā€™m reluctant to put anything on this site. :-1:t2::-1:t2::-1:t2: For sale or buying

Iā€™ve been on this site for 11 years and have only rarely had customers who have had problems paying, and that has been easy to sort out. So come on, Mikes! Live dangerously! :smile:

5 Likes

Mikesā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure that 99.9% of sellers set their shops and payment methods up without any problem. My Very very first order in 2009 hit a problem and the customer paid by e-cheque ā€¦
and do you know whatā€¦
ā€¦ it hasnā€™t happened since.
ā€¦(and I think in that case it was caused by my having a newbie paypal account which needed me to confirm something or other)
ā€¦ and on the odd occasion nowadays that I get a message that customer is having problems paying (infrequent now I also offer Stripe) I simply send them a paypal invoice and they pay that.
If you donā€™t put anything in your shop then I suppose you do 100% reduce the risk of anyone having a problem paying you
but ~you also 100% increase the possibility that nobody will buy from you. As Christine says 'live dangerously" :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mikes @dandelion1ā€¦If you donā€™t add anything to your shop you wonā€™t sell anythingā€¦:grin: saves worrying about paypal issues I suppose :smiley::joy:
I had a couple of problems buying from a seller when I first joined but everything has been ok since then and I have bought plenty. Never had a problem with sales either and been on here over 2 years nowā€¦Folksy are also very good at helping if you do have any issues, they dealt with my problem very quickly. Try it for yourself :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for that girls, will dip my toe in the water then.

3 Likes

I have two PayPal accounts - a personal one and a business one - both have different email addresses. I seem to recall when I set up the accounts (at different times) there was some process where they paid a small amount of money into my bank account and this was part of the account confirmation process. Iā€™m not aware of having an issue with either account, but also offer Stripe for Folksy so maybe wouldnā€™t know about issues with the business account.

1 Like