Folksy Ltd

Hacked Ebay accounts

(Pauline Hayward) #1

I heard on the radio yesterday that a lot of Ebay accounts had been hacked. I was one of those. I checked my emails late in the afternoon only to find someone had hacked my account and sent a order to a company who I’d ordered goods from way back last year. I immediately contacted the company to cancel this order then went onto to change my ebay password. I received an email this morning from the said company and they fully understood the problem and have cancelled the order.
Advice to everyone change your password.

Pauline

( Carol ) #2

It’s all over the discussion boards on ebay. It’s a good idea to regularly change your passwords anyway and I always change mine more often on site where money is concerned ie here, ebay, paypal etc than I do for sites like facebook etc.

Also if you were using your ebay password as a password for other accounts, you should change them too. It’s not a good idea to have the same password anyway but I’m sure some do.

Carol x

(Minerva) #3

I read that somewhere too. It’s best to change your PP password as well if you do have an Ebay account.

(Brenda Cumming) #4

I changed mine a couple of days ago as I went on the bay and got a security warning from my anti virus…I also changed my paypal account just to be safe.

(Julia K Walton) #5

Yes, I’ve changed both of my passwords on two Ebay accounts. I’ve had the same ones on there for many years in one case, so it is a PITA, but it sounds like it is necessary from Pauline’s experience.

(Plumporridge) #6

I changed my e-bay password yesterday. Then today I had an e-mail from e-bay recommending that I changed my password, but it looked a bit sus to me, so I just deleted it. Just wanted to remind everyone to be careful.

(Pauline Hayward) #7

I received an email today telling me to change my password if I hadn’t done it after 21st May. I actually changed it that day anyway so there’s no need to do it again.

Pauline