Hacked Ebay accounts

I heard on the radio yesterday that a lot of Ebay accounts had been hacked. I was one of those. I checked my emails late in the afternoon only to find someone had hacked my account and sent a order to a company who I’d ordered goods from way back last year. I immediately contacted the company to cancel this order then went onto to change my ebay password. I received an email this morning from the said company and they fully understood the problem and have cancelled the order.
Advice to everyone change your password.

Pauline

It’s all over the discussion boards on ebay. It’s a good idea to regularly change your passwords anyway and I always change mine more often on site where money is concerned ie here, ebay, paypal etc than I do for sites like facebook etc.

Also if you were using your ebay password as a password for other accounts, you should change them too. It’s not a good idea to have the same password anyway but I’m sure some do.

Carol x

I read that somewhere too. It’s best to change your PP password as well if you do have an Ebay account.

I changed mine a couple of days ago as I went on the bay and got a security warning from my anti virus…I also changed my paypal account just to be safe.

Yes, I’ve changed both of my passwords on two Ebay accounts. I’ve had the same ones on there for many years in one case, so it is a PITA, but it sounds like it is necessary from Pauline’s experience.

I changed my e-bay password yesterday. Then today I had an e-mail from e-bay recommending that I changed my password, but it looked a bit sus to me, so I just deleted it. Just wanted to remind everyone to be careful.

I received an email today telling me to change my password if I hadn’t done it after 21st May. I actually changed it that day anyway so there’s no need to do it again.

Pauline