Handmade Christmas Gifts not for your Shop

Anyone making Christmas gifts for their loved ones that aren’t things they make for their shop? I have just made these two little teddies for my daughters - yes they are 17 and 18 years old but you’re never too old for a teddy are you!

5 Likes

How sweet! I’m sure those will be well received - as you say, you’re never too old!

Look what I just made for my niece (age 28, married, two small daughters!):

2 Likes

Aw - love that, i used to have a rabbit like that that was my favourite toy for years but unfortunately it got packed away in the garage and the moths got it and she fell apart :frowning: I was very sad.

Make a new one? I bought the pattern for this, though I have embellished it a bit - the dress now has a front pleat on the bodice, instead of just elastic; also I made her some knickers and a petticoat. Currently working on a little coat…
Her boots are made from scraps of bookbinding leather and suede!
This is where I got the pattern: http://aliciapaulson.com/products/miss-maggie-rabbit-softie-kit

I’ve been making sloe gin, chutney and jams to give to all the people in my life who have everything. The sloe gin is very agreeable…

5 Likes

I’m guessing it needs testing!

1 Like

I’ve made some infused virgin olive oils, some jams, pickles and chutneys like previous years.

DH has made some candied chillies.

I have candied orange and lemon slices to make yet.

2 Likes

Wow, you’re all very creative! I thought of making some Christmas sweets or biscuits, but I won’t have time now, I think - my mum is in hospital and it’s rather crazy round here!

Thanks for the link Lizzie @LizzieMade. Am very tempted although sewing is not my strong point - maybe in the new year when things are a bit quieter (I have got so much lined up for “when its a bit quieter”!)

1 Like

I’ve made some photo frames…got a few photos for each and the left them room to add their own. I love them- think I’m going to make myself one in the new year.

3 Likes

Roz, your bears are completely adorable - I’m three times the age of your daughters (and a bit) and I want one!

Julie xx

1 Like

I have just finished this embroidered appliqué owl, made on my embroidery machine. It’s for a good friend of mine who really liked previous ones I have made, so I have done this one in her favourite colours

Kim
x

4 Likes

I can post pictures now as the gifts have been received and opened!

2 Likes

I’ve made this for my daughter, she has a thing about green apples and the colour Green.
Its a table decoration with lights in so hopefully she’ll put it on her table tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ive started making some of the girls in our family painted personalised jute bags, pleased with them although I would never be confident enough to sell!

1 Like