Happy St George's Day!

Killing any dragons today?
Going Morris Dancing?

Nifty, thought you might be spending the day knitting some chain mail :wink:

been there, done that :wink:

I am paying a visit to the Jurassic couast. Well in theory anyway. In reality we are on a very nice campsite somewhere about 5 miles above the coast in our motorhome and visibility is about 10 yards due to very low cloud. Forecast for rest of the day is awful so looks as if weā€™re staying put.
Under my table is a big big box of patterns which I brought to sort out if I got a moment. I have a moment. Iā€™m going to do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

jurassic coast - isle of wight?

I ate chocolate cake to celebrate St Georgeā€™s day. Any excuse really! :wink:

1 Like

Dorset - Lyme Regis area. Chilly but nice :smile: :

1 Like

Iā€™ve always felt kinda sorry for the dragonā€¦!

Love the Jurassic coast, I spent a happy geology field trip down there when I was 17. I still remember the reassuring words of the geology teacher, *If you hear rumbling, run towards the sea!" :wink:

1 Like

I stull donā€™t get why St George is ours in any case, he was Turkish I think.

St Georgois it is then.

Lol! Well, Greek I think! Maybe the dragon was English? Or maybe Iā€™m thinking of Welshā€¦ :wink:

according to wiki he was born in roman palestine but had a greek dad. heā€™s also patron of loads of things including, bizarre but true, sufferers of syphilis.

Wouldnā€™t mind a pair of those knee pads for wearing in the garden :slight_smile:

1 Like

hadnā€™t even realised that posting the link added the pic - fine figure of a chap, isnā€™t he?

1 Like

Did they have Twink home perm kits back then?

1 Like

he also seems to be wearing madonnaā€™s pointy metal bra (was it madonna?)

More nipple guard than full brassiere.

Remarkably camp! And yet also rather doubtfulā€¦ is that at the mention of syphilis, maybe? :blush:

that is a guy who knows all about protection I think