Help - Customer can't pay

A customer bought from me earlier but has not paid - I emailed a courtesy email and she has just got back to me to say that she entered her Visa card details but when she went to confirm payment here there appeared to be a problem.

What can I do?

Cassie

I would send a paypal invoice direct , you need her paypal email address then go to the request funds bit in your paypal account. It is very simple to do.

You can then let support know that you have been paid and they can mark the sale complete.

You can mark the order as paid yourself nowadays.

Can you send her an invoice from PayPal? I’m not sure it will make a difference but worth a try. Even if she can pay using a bank transfer you can mark the order as paid in the order details.

I hope you manage to get it sorted

One common cause of problems when they try to pay by card is if they are not in this country - had this a couple of times, Someone with an overseas card trying to pay for something to be sent to the UK. Paypal invoice is best solution to that .

I think that she is a guest buyer who may not have a paypal account as she tried to pay by card. Can you send an invoice to someone without a paypal account?

Yes you can, they don’t need to have a paypal account. You can send a paypal invoice to any e-mail address and they can choose the ‘pay by credit card’ option as usual. If that doesn’t work, they can send a cheque or bank transfer, but wait for the funds to clear before posting.

Edited: you have to create an invoice in paypal rather than just ‘request payment’, and you may have to upgrade your account to do this, although I’m not too sure. In the past, basic personal accounts didn’t have the invoice facility, it had to be a premium or business account, but that may have changed.

I have had this and the lady sent a cheque but its handy to know that you can send a paypal invoice with the credit card option. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your help. I paypal invoiced the customer in the end and she has managed to make a payment, I have now posted.

Cassie x

4 Likes