Help needed. Buyer says Paypal not accepting payment

Folksy have just been in touch and said a buyer is having problems paying through Paypal. He says Paypal has failed. What can I do? Is there a way to send a request from Paypal for the money? Not sure how to do that.

On Paypal there is the option to request payment, you just need to put in the email address of the person you’re requesting the money from, the amount and you can add a note saying what it’s for.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’ll do that. And will it show up in my Folksy shop that the buyer has paid or is there something I need to click on to say he has sent payment separately?

Using either the quick link for invoicing or via ‘Pay & Get Paid’ option on top menu, select create invoice. Fill in the customer’s e-mail address and the details of the item, price and shipping costs and then send. Once the customer has managed to pay you can go into your orders list on your shop dashboard and mark the item as having been paid for.

1 Like

Thanks. A box about tax has come up. Do I just click no tax?

I would think so. Sorry it’s a while since I had to create an invoice.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve sent it so hopefully the buyer will still be interested. I suppose these glitches happen when you’re new to selling. I’ll know how to handle it better next time. Thanks again for all the replies.

I believe that Paypal will only let you pay with each debit/credit card a limited number of times before they try to insist that you open a Paypal account with them. It’s possible that your customer has reached the limit with a given card. Hopefully if that is the case, they can use a different card.

2 Likes

That’s interesting to know. The buyer did have a Paypal account so I’ve no idea what the issue was but he has paid now so it is all sorted thanks.

Good news - congratulations on your sale!

1 Like

Someone else was reporting an issue with paypal on the clubhouse FB page so I think paypal had issues keeping up with processing payments due to demand rather than anything specific to your customer. Once they’ve paid the invoice you can just mark the sale as paid on your dashboard.

2 Likes

Thank you. :+1: