Help needed, Im stuck in a rut!

Everything I make seems to be directed towards Christmas.
I guess its because I had success at raft fairs last year so Im aimng everything I make towards the Xmas market.Obviously these things wont appeal around the middle of the year.
How do you get motivated and inspired to make items for all year round?

I think your shop’s really cool, lots of variety but it all belongs together :slight_smile: I look at what I have in, what colours go together or do some doodles… but it’s not always what I think will be popular that is. Spring and Summer make me thing of flowers and pretty things and bright colours, maybe you could think in terms of “nature” seasons as opposed to events like Father’s day, Christmas, etc etc…? Dunno if this is any help at all but I hope you get out of it soon.

Kathelle x

1 Like

I second Kathelle, nature and seasons are a great inspiration, and when I looked at your shop I could see this inspiration,
I look at fabrics and they tell me what they want to be :slight_smile: But I also love woodland walks, seeing different textures (moss, bark, stones…) colours and sounds seem to restore my creativity. Not in a way that I would then go and make moss green quilt, but somehow my head clears and new ideas appear.
I once followed a blog, soulemama, she writes about her life that is very much focused on seasons cycle, celebrating solstices etc. And it always made me want to make stuff!
Good luck
Magdalena :rainbow:

I make mainly Christmas items too but I find it hard to get out of the rut so I just bide my time and wait until it gets fairly close to Christmas and then its make make make. I do make summery bits but its always the Christmas things that sell better so I suppose that’s why I’ve got in this rut.

Pauline