Help with changing pictures

Looks much better.
Iv taken so many more pictures today it’s crazy.

I’ve had a look at your shop & your pictures are looking a lot brighter! On the negative side a lot of the thumb nails only show bits of your products and this is such a shame as your work is lovely. I had this with a lot of my earlier pictures & it is really frustrating. What you need to do to avoid it, is realise that the format for Folksy is a square (can’t remember the exact dimensions) but what I have started doing when I edit my pictures (I use Adobe Photoshop) is make sure that when I crop, I crop to almost square at around about 32 X 32 (Adobe very helpfully gives you the measurements.) Since I have been doing this I no longer have this problem. Hope you don’t mind my suggestions. Kindest Regards Debby

1 Like

That’s annoying. I’ll look into getting a new photo editor as the one iv got say they are square when I crop them.
Was trying to find . Mode that does cd covers I had one before but I can’t find that at the moment.
I’ll keep playing but I’m sure I’ll get there in the end. Thankyou for having a look at my site.
I always appreciate any help. :slight_smile:

I’m downloading adobe photoshop thankyou. I’ll give it a go.
I’m such a wolly cos iv not kept any of the photos iv changed ops so I’ll have to retake them eek.
I don’t mind really gives me something to do.

If you’re on Twitter, we’re running a special edition of #FolksyHour tomorrow evening that might be interesting and have some useful tips @CadeDesign @hobbitgirlie1880 @Textiletreasure @HandmadeByDiane @Rozcraftz @Fantoosh.

Three product photographers (Yeshen Venema @Yeshen, Holly Booth @hollyphotobooth & Kerrie Mitchell @Styledproduct) will be taking part and have offered to answer your product photography questions and also crit/review Folksy shops and product shots.

They’ll be on hand throughout #FolksyHour this Tuesday (17th March) between 8-9pm, so if you have any specific questions you want them to answer or product shots you’d like them to review, you could ask them then. If you do want to take part, don’t forget to use the #FolksyHour hashtag so they can see your questions.

We’re really lucky to have them, so I hope as may people will take part as possible!

Does this look any better
https://folksy.com/items/6604857-musical-silver-earrings-

That sounds brilliant
Unfortunately I’m not on twitter or Facebook.
But thankyou I hope ppl take advantage of the opportunity to talk to photographers.

Thankyou think iv managed to sort it these earrings now look like this

Much better

It might be worth trying to download them from Folksy; just a thought. I always keep my photos, that way I can use them elsewhere. Have you also noticed that they are having a photo special on Folksy hour on Twitter. Might be worth participating. Not that I’m too sure how to as I’m not very good with social media but this is the link https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23folksyhour&src=savs that I copied from the notice that I saw. Perhaps not being great at social media is also a major hindrance in my hopped for business success? So much to learn & so little time :smile:

Kindest Regards Debby

Thank you I will try to be there!

Kindest regards
Debby

Top job they look great!
You should try to create yourself a Twitter account as social media is the key to a flourishing online business. (Sorry I sound so bossy, I saw that you said you didn’t have one elsewhere on this thread). I know it’s tough, so much to do & so little time (I work full time, got 4 kids, 3 dogs & a big house & gardens as well as doing craft fairs & I’m involved with Scouts) but I know that without social media I stand little chance of getting anywhere, especially as I make jewellery (as you do too). It is such a crowded market place as so many others make it too. The shoppers have a huge amount of choice. The key, I think is working out where most of the people who view your products come from and target you audience with your promotions. That’s where something like google analytics comes in (not that I have worked out how the devil to use it yet). Oh & of course perfect pictures. I have started to ask myself “would I buy this based on this photo?” If the answer is no I re-take the photo. One picture took me 2 hours to perfect! I figure if I’m prepared to spend hours making something what is the point of taking 2 seconds to photograph it, if the photograph doesn’t do my jewellery justice! Perhaps as we are both so new to this & have so much to learn we could team up & help each other? I had study buddies at Uni & it worked really well; what do you think?

That sounds like a brilliant plan.
It always nice to have a bit of help and to help you were i can.
I’m. Having a real think about Twitter. I do Alot of my promoting when I do stalls and via WhatsApp group and I have a local craft group that help too.
Think I’ll get my friend to help me set up a twitter account tho.
I can’t.stand Facebook.
The majority of my friends wouldn’t know what day it was if it wasn’t for fb.
Plus I had a bad experience on a site like it.

I’ll pass your shop onto my groups they will help promote it

I know what you mean about photos. Some are easier than others but I try and make them look as good as i can before posting them.
Sometimes it doesn’t work lol and I have to try again another day

It’s also worth knowing @hobbitgirlie1880 that Twitter have stuck a deal with Google recently so Google can now search tweets and index them. Which means that if you tweet about your work, and include the URL, it could help your work and shop be found on Google.

That doesn’t mean you should go crazy and start spamming everyone’s Twitter feeds with your links, but it does mean that talking to people about your work through Twitter has an added benefit now :smile:

That sounds brilliant. will definitely look into it.
Thankyou

Thank you so much &thank you also for placing my first order. So excited. I have packed them & will get to the post office before work (I’m on 10-6 so I’ll have time) as I’ve just noticed that on the back of the jiffy bag it says I’ll need a large stamp and I’ve only got ordinary ones. I’ll post 1st class so that way you should get them quickly!

Kindest Regards Debby

ps I’ll update the fact that they’ve been posted when I get home from work as I won’t have time to do computer work before going to my day job!

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been busy taking photos of my earrings & updating the other pictures only got a few more to go now. I’ve had a long weekend at home but I’m stunned at how much time it all takes. I’ve also been looking at Google Analytics. Still haven’t got much clue what it all means yet but once I’ve figured it out I’ll let you know. That way we can work smarter not harder! :grinning:

Iv used all the toggles I brought from you they are lovely.
Iv had no feedback yet :expressionless:
Hopefully I’ll get some soon.

But I might have to get more toggles from you once I have money. it disappears so quickly lol.

I’m going to have a nosey at your photos

So pleased you like them. I will also have a nosey at what you’ve been up to. Such a shame that none of your buyers have given feedback as I really think it helps people to have confidence in you. XX

Looks like you have been busy too. Your new pictures are much brighter & looks like you’ve put more things on too. Takes forever loading stuff so may have to look into getting a faster internet connection. I’ve also re-taken some pictures only to find the original listing has completely disappeared. Most frustrating as I find measuring & describing everything a bit of a chore. Still guess you can’t expect people to part with hard earned cash if I can’t describe something properly! Oh well guess I’d better get the dogs walked. Shame it’s raining. Fingers crossed for some great sales for all Folksy sellers.

xx

Looks like you have listed loads more.
And your earrings look brilliant.
Thankyou iv been very busy listing lots of bits and bobs.
I spent two maybe three days just taking photos and editing them.,its crazy.
I’m in the middle of making a new line of choker style necklace.
I’m taking a few to my stall on Wednesday then I may list some next month.
Not 100% sure how I’m gogoing to photograph them though. I’ll have to have think