Help with Marketing

Hi all,
Only started selling in January this year and was slowly by staedily selling until May,
Have not sold a thing since, I am looking for marketing tips please. I have added a few more items for sale and started promoting on FB.
any other help/suggestions greatfuly received please.

john

Hi! your shop looks great :slight_smile: have you tried stumbleupon? its a great website, add your page and it should direct more traffic to your shop!
https://www.stumbleupon.com/

it helped me a little, hope it does the same for you :slight_smile:

I love your pens John, but I’ve already bought hand crafted pens for myself and the family so don’t need any more!lol

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your thread from uncategorised to Shop Talk, which I think is the right place :smile:

Hi I would not rely soley on facebook as it only shows about 1% of for posts to your followers. It’s fine as part of overall promoting package but not much use if you only use facebook.

Have you noticed the icons for Stumbleupon, twitter and pinterst those are direct links. You will have to open accounts with them first.

Also try google+ and wanelo.

There’s craftjuice and then look into the Showcase part of the forum. You will find weekly and daily listing threads where we show what we’ve listed and agree to promote each other.

As individuals our reach is limited but when we work together our reach increases.

All the best

just seen this thread and signed up to stumble upon :slight_smile: hope this helps me with sales, thanks for posting this :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting this thread it is really useful and I have now a stumble account, so thank you

Mmm, I have a stumble account but afraid I’m stumbling around in the dark - don’t have a clue what’s going on over there but maybe the fog will clear with usage!

1 Like

Hi, just a quick question I have added a stumbleupon account to my marketing but it will only let me add two folksy listings per day, is that because I am new or is that how stumbleupon works please? Rachel

oh I don’t know. I only add one at a time so I’ve not tried adding more than 1 a day.

1 Like

Thank you @EileensCraftStudio

Thank you! I’ve also signed up to StumbleUpon and added some pages!

@craftyjohnswoodshack

There are a number of different social media sites that you can promote on such as

Stumble Upon,
Pinterst
Wanelo
google+
Instgram
Craftjuice
as well as joining in the promotial threads in the Show Case part of the forum

When you post one of your items on one of those threads you agree to promote items from people who have poste on the thread and people agree to promote your item. Shared promoting is so so helpful.

all the best
eileen

1 Like