Hi & advice needed for a newbies 1st sale

Hi everyone advice needed on my 1st sale.
I have had the PayPal & folksy notifications & I have packaged the items for posting tomorrow,but do I send the buyer a message thanking her for her purchase?.What do I do?.

2 Likes

I usually write a little thank you on the packing slip and then just mark the order as shipped once you have posted it. That will automatically send the buyer an email to let them know its on its way. Congrats on the sale :slight_smile:

Thank you for the advice.I have put a thank you note in the parcel.As this is my 1st time selling on here I was having a mini panic.Have never tried selling online before it was always in a shop.

Well done on your first sale. I usually send the buyer a thank you email as soon as I get the order and then I pop one of my business cards with a written thank you on the back, into the parcel when I post it off.

Well done on your sale. I always send an acknowledgement when I get the order emails on the back of the Folksy or the Paypal one (depends which I see first). I thank them for the order and tell them when and how I am posting it and as I always post small package, I mention that it won’t go through the letterbox .
They will also get an automated response from Folksy when you mark it as posted but I think my personal email works well. I find I often get replies back straightaway… and even better, once they have received it , because we have a conversation going and they have my email address they often send me a note to say it has arrived with hopefully nice things to say about it.

1 Like

Yes, I normally send a quick acknowledgement/ “thank you” email with a reassurance that it will be mailed later today/ tomorrow morning, depending on time of purchase and advising they will get confirmation from Folksy to confirm when shipped.
I put a hand written thank you note and a business card inside the package.
Well done on your first sale, by the way.

Thank you all for your advice…

Congratulations on your first sale. :tada:
I always send a thank you message when I receive an order and a little thank you included in the package.

Very pretty shop. I hope you get a lot more sales xxx

Forgot to say that I always include with the package, as well as an ‘invoice’ to show what I’m sending where and when, a business card. I know of several sales which have been as a result of someone being gifted one of my suncatchers and have used the card to find me, on Folksy, to buy something for themselves.

Thank you all for your lovely congrats.i have posted items today including a thank you note.No business cards as yet,but will look into getting some.
I have tried to email the buyer 3 times today but my email just keeps pinging back at me saying there’s an error on her end.Or maybe it’s just something I am doing wrong as I am not exactly internet savvy lol.That will be another trip to my daughter in law’s for help.
Anyway thanks again for the advice.