Help with first sale

Hi I just made my first Folksy sale - hurray - however I am a bit confused, when I looked at the sale on Folksy under the buyers address etc there was a space to give feedback, I thought it must be feedback to the buyer so being brought up proper I said thank you etc. Was that wrong?

Also is there anyway of being able to print the receipt out so that the address fits onto one of those label type sticker sheets? I’ve got a whole box to use so you can peel off the address and stick it on the parcel because when I did it it was all in the wrong place. Does Folksy not have that option?

All advice gratefully received. Thanks

saying thank you is fine, it’s good to leave the buyer feedback.

Don’t know the answer to the other part of the question sorry.

You can print the order off but I don’t think we can move the address.

But what you can do is copy and paste the address bit into a word document and print that bit onto your address labels from your word document.

Oh and congrates on your first sale :smiley:

Congrats on your first sale. You can print Paypal invoice. That should be aligned. I do not print it but many sellers use Paypal.

Thanks for that what a good idea!

Congratulations on your first sale!

I hand write the addresses on the envelope. Although one sale made me wonder if I should reconsider as the customer’s road name consisted of 16 letters! I was writing 2 at a time as if I am in grade school :smile:

It is definitely a nice gesture to leave feedback for the buyer. You can say ‘thank you for your custom / thank you for your order / Am pleased you liked your order from my shop (if they left you positive feedback)’ etc. Or even ‘thank you for being my first customer on Folksy’.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first sale!

The feedback is nice - it is polite and after all, if we expect feedback from customers, it’s only nice to reciprocate.

Having said this, I usually wait a while before I leave feedback - I give the customer time to have received the order. Hopefully they will leave feedback for me - then I can “reply” to the feedback (which does mean that if they say anything particularly nice - or nasty! - I can respond / explain. But I do try to always leave feedback within a reasonable time - say a week or two, depending on the delivery location.

Good luck and hope you make lots more sales now.

Lizzie

thanks that’s useful advice

1 Like

I can’t add to the great advice already given, but just wanted to say well done and that I have had a look in your shop and think your little birds are wonderful!

Jacqueline x

Thanks, everyone has been so kind and welcoming!