How do you do it?

I opened my Folksy shop some time ago and straight away I sold a low cost brooch so I thought this is going to be good. Since then nothing zilch !
I win loads of awards for my ceramics and have them in galleries I know what I do is good so what I want to know is how do you get seen, i look at other shops and see they have loads of sales and are obviously getting seen so HOW what am I doing wrong.I dont have time to spend ages working on a computer it’s not my forte I want to be in my studio Help please !

Treat it like your own website. Bring people in. Drop your shop link everywhere.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where do I put the link actually on the images or ? My website is similar not getting seen just taken on a web manager and he will be doing my seo hope that will do the trick. Thank you for answering me I get so frustrated

1 Like

In the first instance, and what immediately jumped at me from your page… you need to redo your listing titles. Eg Sing little birds sing - Folksy Nobody is going to search Google or Folksy for “sing little birds sing” so it will never be found by a search. Have a look at the Best seller shops and see how they name their listings, it really is incredibly important.~

Another point, you really need to direct people to your shop here. Folksy do not advertise so you need to do it yourself. I see you have links to your website on your social media but you need to show a link to your shop here too if people are going to find you.
You should Not have a link via your blog to your own website as you are selling from there.

I am sure lots of others will come up with some more specific things you can do :slight_smile: Best of luck :
I Love your funny vases and i am really sorry i can’t buy one… but my own daughter is a potter so i am not allowed obviously to buy elsewhere :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ive noticed the portrait commisions. One of the Folksy themes of the day is personalised presents
Make sure to use the tag personalised to get featured on the day, and also pick one item to tag as your favourite piece for the month
My shop is a bit tumbleweed at the moment too, but I dont really do christmas which is popular right now.

2 Likes

I agree with Joy about your titles. The title is the most important thing, even the order of the words is important. Your work is Quirky and unique which I think is your main selling point and would tag along those lines. I think one of the gift guides is unusual gifts so that could be a tag too. Perhaps a few more giftable priced items might help get the sales started. Good luck x

Ive just noticed your earing lady is listed in Homeware
why not sculpture and ceramics in the Art section?

2 Likes

Dear Christine Thank you so much all the help I am receiving is great you can tell obviously I am useless at this.I still can’t understand where to put the links. Is it to Folksy from facebook,instagram etc or do I add it somewhere in Folksy to my own website If on Folksy where ??. Sorry if I’m coming across as stupid it’s not my forte at all!

Thank you shame you can’t buy one of my funny face vases :pensive:Thank you so much for all your help it means alot take care xWhats your daughter page please ?

Joy @JOYSofGLASS has alot of expertise on the marketing technical side. Ive still not got the hang of selling myself. Theres lots of advice in the Folksy blog too.
Folksy have featured you already in their Quirky gift guide so congratulations :blush:

1 Like

My daughter is Jcbclay on instagram but she doesn’t sell on line. Too busy with a busy demanding job to concentrate on all that involves. She does like to disappear down the garden to her studio shed where she pots and sculpts in peace.
:slight_smile:

Good for her I’m busy making I love creating but unfortunately not selling :sob:

they have but doesn’t seem to help ? Must be me not understanding how to do things properly but all of you that have given me tips thank you soooo much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not really sure I can add anything that hasn’t already been said, your work is right up my street but I just can’t afford most of it right now, as is the case for a lot of folk just now I imagine, most of us are struggling for sales so you are not alone.
I know it’s a pain but you really do need to get social to get yourself found, I think we would all rather be creating but it is necessary and you need to make some time each day to promote your shop here.
I’ve seen you already got an item picked as a Folksy favourite and in one of the gift guides, that’s a great start and will help get you seen here, but the rest really is down to you, I wish I could offer more help, good luck with your shop, it really is wonderful.
One other thing I noticed looking at your photos, as your work is so beautifully detailed it might be worth getting some good close up shots of some of that detail? Just so folk can see more of it, might help perhaps?

2 Likes

Your links need to be from your social media sites back to your Folksy shop, I wouldn’t put a link here on Folksy to your own website, I think that might be frowned upon.

1 Like

Thank you for your help appreciated.
I must admit I have been using instagram and facebook regularly but lost faith in Folsy dour to nothing happening so I will take your advise and keep posting with a link to Folksy .Do you know the link to Folksy 365 daily I can’t find it ?
If I do a daily post what happens if I go on holiday can my shop be closed but can I still post on there ?
xxDorienne

1 Like

absolutely love your work…just join in more on the forums, play some of the games, chat and get your name seen…good luck xx
the challenge thread is wonderful…you promise to list a new item every day for one month and also to go to everyone else’s page and like their item in their shop…The instructions are at the top of the thread and you have to join in and play the game,but it really is worth it. I have had 16 sales THIS MONTH… it is fun and everyone is fab but no cheating…lol…it is titled something like the365 challenge thread November 2023

3 Likes

here you go

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help I will try that xx❤️

2 Likes

I post on Instagram, Facebook, X, Pinterest and Facebook groups twice a day, every day without fail - seems to work for me. I find early morning and teatime good times. When you build up a following, people look forward to your posts and, once you get used to doing it, it only takes a matter of minutes. I also chat with my customers and build up relationships with them. If you’re passionate about what you do, people will respond.

3 Likes

Point taken I do that but not everyday I will do now though thankyou xx

1 Like