How is january going for your shop?

How is january going for you? Have you had any sales? Have you added many new items?

Hi - not good but I’ve not been active either. However, as I type I am uploading new photos of products = so maybe that will help! I did expect January to be quiet but I’m relatively new too!
What about you? :cat2:

1 Like

January is as quiet as December was, which was also as quiet as it was when I was on here a few years ago :confused:

1 Like

Very quiet. No sales so far this year…I have added a few new things and am promoting every day, getting a fair amount of views most days, but not sales. Maybe everyone is waiting for pay day…

1 Like

It has been very quiet for me. Only 2 sales in January, well down on last year. My shop is less well-stocked than usual after selling loads at Christmas craft fairs but I have been restocking a few items a week through January.

1 Like

No sales for me this month - my first blank month for quite a while :frowning:
I have removed many of my old items from my shop and have been listing new ones daily.
I live in hope!

1 Like

Qwno sales for me as yet in January .Have listed new items and check ,update every day ,confident folksy will work for me .Its getting the hang of it .:smile:

1 Like

I’ve only had two sales, one of which was a custom order from before Christmas. I’ve been working on some new stock this morning, but it’s hard to get motivated… (cue someone who’s doing spectacularly well coming along and telling us off for moaning…)
Not moaning, just stating a fact :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think alot of people have no spend in january, it’s a tough month for many, unless it’s a birthday i don’t think many people will buy. My views have been low on here and in other places, i have sold a couple of things, but i brought the customers here from elsewhere, I’ve been trying to add at least one thing daily, getting there slowly my shop maybe ready by christmas lol. I hope you all have more luck in the coming feb! xx

1 Like

Tricky one. Sales are very poor. Have been since the start. Majority to friends, only a couple to other shoppers. Very difficult to figure out who is actually shopping on Folksy. Most of the interest in my work, views, likes etc, appears to come from other sellers directly as a result of posting on these forums. I’m energetically promoting across the networks but, in general, it appears that greeting cards sell in high numbers only if they fit particular models: printed and featuring puns, inspirational messages, simple vector images, or… completely (and beautifully) hand made, cut and paste. Ofcourse other art styles sell too, but in general this is what my hours of clicking and looking has concluded. My greeting card work is either line and wash watercolour or more painterly and graphic. A serious problem with any printed work is ease of download directly from desktop. I’m sure that most visitors to folksy are honest decent people but if I show a high quality image of my work it can be dragged on to anyones desktop in seconds… printed and in a frame in minutes. This is less of a problem in other product areas. Have I drifted off topic here…!? ;0)

1 Like

To help stop people from simply downloading your work and printing their own copy you could try adding ‘watermarks’ before uploading. To me this just means you’re protecting what’s yours, it wouldn’t distract me from buying.

1 Like

Yes, thanks GagaKidz. Understood. It is possible for the site developer to disable right click download. Not full protection but it certainly helps. Not sure if that can be added to a large shopping site such as this.

1 Like

I have only one sale in the last year, and keep on listing .
I find January is a quiet month so hope it gets better for every one .
Perhaps what I paint and make is not what people are looking for.

…I’m finding it very quiet on here, no sales this month but I do have a couple of commissions to keep me going. I haven’t been doing a lot of networking or my blog so I’m not surprised.

just had a sale :slight_smile:

4 sales for me, so far this month. This is down on last January. Hopefully sales will pick up, although like many others I am finding it very hard to get going in my sewing room!