Hows sales?

Hi Just wondering how everyone is doing in the start of the festive season?

I was busy the first half of Nov but its quieter at the mo!

Looking forward to this weekend :slight_smile:

I am finding it quiet at the moment, have never got back to the sales level of 2013, don’t know why think it’s because there are more sellers here now, so it’s harder to be found.

1 Like

I just set up in Sept so its my first Christmas.

I’m looking forward to it finally being December it seems like its been building up for forever!

Maybe it might pick up a little this week?

I agree not even close to how it was on here 2 or 3 years ago but generally when I look across all my outlets probably a bit better than last year - it helps that I have diversified into selling fabric as well. Had a few sales on here recently and in some gift guides so I am thinking that I MAY invest In Folksy Plus again.

BTW top tip - don’t be tempted to close your shops over Xmas, I generally get a few sales during the hols as people are at home, browsing web and in a buying mood still. It ofetn doesn’t tail off until after 3rd week in Jan and then gets very quiet in Feb . March. At least that seems to be the pattern I’ve noticed.

6 Likes

I’d just like to make my first sale … feeling a bit discouraged today.

4 Likes

Ah don’t be disheartened @JuliaYorkDesigns, mine took ages to get going and I don’t get many. It takes time but the first sales come when you least expect it. Your shop is lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to sell around 20 things a month in 2012/13, but now I sell more from my garage…oh and that’s 0! Last sale on here was Oct - my other online store “over there” is thankfully busy all year long! When my plus acc expires I will just let everything run out of time. I do love Folksy - really I do! Just as a selling venue it doesn’t work for me now. Hope that it picks up for you all soon! x

4 Likes

Same here, not good in terms of sales

And I constantly promote like crazy over Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest Twitter etc.

On the “other” platform, my sales keep on picking up weekly, even when I don’t promote.

Hence why I don’t have a plus account but I took advantage of the free 20 listings promotion recently

Tola

1 Like

Thank you … best of luck with your own shop and sales :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has been one of my quieter years for sales but I haven’t really promoted, also I’ve done no craft fairs this year due to everything being on hold while we redo our house.

Not adverse to a flood of sales though! I can deal with it! :smile:

Julia @JuliaYorkDesigns don’t be discouraged, you have lovely items, hope you get some sales soon.

1 Like

Like @The quilted teacup, my sales dropped drastically on here since 2013 I don’t know if it’s a coincidence that it was about the time Folksy began their improvements! That said, September and October were quite good, but this month has been slow. I still have a theory that buyers are holding out for Black Friday and a bargain…

2 Likes

I hope so!

I was ready for a rush that hasn’t happened! I did do very well on the other site in the first half of Nov but hardly anything since!

I keep forgetting its not even Dec yet though and normally before I set this shop up I wouldnt think about Christmas until at least the first week in Dec!

We’ll see…I’ve read similar threads over of E forums too.

First Christmas on Folksy I sold nothing, second Christmas was abit better with 5 sales in December (none in Nov) so far this year is panning out the same. Thankfully I’m busy with craft fairs/ christmas markets and commissions which are all doing better than last year.
Sasha

2 Likes

Waiting for my first sale on here. Doing well on the other site that we shall not name and my website is busy but here seems to not like me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hang on it :slight_smile: Lovely gifts :slight_smile:

I was busier in October than have been this month. Strange really but I guess there is a LOT of competition at this time of year with all shops selling gifts and a huge amount of extra sellers on here as well. I am selling on other platforms as well, so that helps a bit.

1 Like

It was interesting to see that others have found it quieter than previous years (2013 in my case) and yes about the time that Folksy made their “improvements”. Also it’s much harder to be found now as there are so many sellers and items, and it’s still not well known out of crafting circles…
Jayne

Just looked at my accounts so far mines the same as last year, so far it’s the same pattern same amount of orders for Sep, for oct and For Nov as of last year. I hope I get another sale before the end of the month as that will mean I’ve had more orders than last year.

since I opened in 2010, this is the longest I have gone without a sale…6 weeks so far…quite worrying but who knows maybe tomorrow…

This is my third Christmas. First year was very slow, second picked up considerably and this year sales in Oct and Nov are double last year’s figures, so December should be interesting! I have noticed an increase in custom orders this year. So hang in there, it’s not all doom and gloom! Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes