Folksy Ltd

I'm retiring

(Christine E.) #1

…from making things in pewter. The reasons are that I’ve lost my curiosity about the craft…I used to be driven by the need to see how things turn out! Now I’ve made everything so many times I know exactly how they’ll look. And I’m tired of the filling, patinating, polishing stuff- there seems to be more tedious manual process involved than creativity…
So anything made from pewter in my shop will not be replaced. If there’s anything you’ve had your eye on, buy it before it’s gone!..

Front page appearance
(Roz) #2

I know how you feel. Sometimes once you master the craft the magic goes. Hopefully you have found a new direction that still motivates you and you are as successful with that. :slight_smile:

Lovely shop BTW

(Christine E.) #3

Thanks, Roz! I’m planning to only make things because I want to, not with an eye on their saleability. And I’ve got loads of stuff I need to do for myself and my family, starting with the decorating. It’s not like I’ve ever made a lot of money from my craft enterprises…!

(Shirley Woosey) #4

Will be sorry to see you go Christine @coatimundi. I always loved seeing your little owls!

Maybe you will find a new direction!
Good luck
Shirley x

(Maggie Gee Needlework Studio) #5

Aww…You know sometimes you can just become ‘tired’! It is very hard to put such a lot of effort in over and over again! Sounds like it is time for a rest and creative re-charge! The very best of luck!

(Christine E.) #6

Thanks, Shirley and Maggie! I’ll still be around for a while, no doubt, I don’t suppose it will all sell overnight!

(Shirley Woosey) #7

LOL but you never know!

Shirley x

(Andrew & Christopher Murphy-Williams) #8

I’m so glad I read this post, I’ve actually been looking for an Owl & Pussycat brooch for ages as a gift. Just bought it now :smile:

(Christine E.) #9

I was surprised to see my thread pop up again! Thanks for buying, Andrew!

(Diane Keeble) #10

Just seen this thread. Wishing you all the best x

(Christine E.) #11

Thanks, Diane! I’m already feeling the benefits of my decision already- no more pressure to remake things as soon as they’ve sold and that annoying little callous on my index finger (from pressing on the stylus) has gone, and no more filthy nails! I’ll never stop making things, (it’s just what I do) but my pewter-making days are behind me now and I’m more relaxed…