Instagram shopping tags removed

I have just received an email from instagram to tell me that I no longer have access to instagram shopping as my website doesn’t meet the requirements and my tags have been removed. I had heard this was happening but I thought Doug @dougfolksy was looking into a workaround for it. Has there been any progress at all? @dougfolksy @folksycontent

2 Likes

I’ve got the same email this morning Roz @OrchardFelts. Fingers crossed a solution can be found xxx

1 Like

Happened to me too. Interestingly the reason IG quote for doing it was ‘product unavailable on your website’ rather than the previous ‘unable to verify your website’. I’m going to request an IG review.

2 Likes

I have had the same issue as @SashaGarrett this morning. Need help on how to solve this please.

1 Like

Urghh, mine are still working, for now, but I had hoped there would have been some sort of solution by now since we knew this was happening!!!

My email says the same as yours for the reason Sasha. I admit I am a bit flummoxed lol x

1 Like

I received an email and a request on insta to confirm my catalogue on facebook. I did everything they asked and it went into ‘pending authorisation’. This morning I have received confirmation that my shop is authorised and it is up and running. No problems so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I did find a few duplicates and one rogue item that was no longer available in my FB catalogue (probably from when I set it up) so I’ve deleted them and requested a review, fingers crossed that makes them happy and they let me have my IG shopping tags back.

1 Like

So far :crossed_fingers:mine are still working, I just tagged a product. All seems normal.

Will you let us know if they sort it out for you please Sasha, thank you :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Me, as well!

I requested a review from Instagram. I then went over to Facebook where they said there was an issue with my catalogue which turned out to be items I had deactivated as they had sold. I reactivated them (even though they are sold, but folksy will say they are unavailable when they click on the link) and added a new listing which I then tagged on Instagram. The tagged item came up as under review and I have just looked now and the tag is working. No message or anything from either Facebook or Instagram about the review so not sure what they are playing at! At least it’s working again I suppose!

2 Likes

Will have to spend some time looking into it tomorrow

I’ve got them back! No notification of the result of the review or anything, I just had a look and my shop on IG and all the tags are back. I’ll try tagging something new tomorrow to see if it works but for now its back to how it was.

1 Like

Mine are back too. Thank you @Zoknitandsew for telling me about Weebly. I have created a simple website and linked that to my Instagram page and notified them. 2 hours later everything seems to be working again. I don’t know whether its the new website or not but things seem to be ok now. Phew.

2 Likes

Not sure what I have done but I pressed a few buttons on my FB business page and seem to have got mine back again now …not sure for how long though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was the same Sasha and requested a review as I had no idea which product they were talking about! I still seem to have shopping available on IG so who knows!

1 Like

I’ve just had this today too:

1st message:
Your account, dotterypotteryuk, no longer has access to Instagram Shopping because your website doesn’t meet our new requirements for selling for the reason(s) listed.
Product Unavailable on Your Website
To use Instagram Shopping, your products must be sold on the website connected to your account.

2nd messge:
Verify your website to continue using Instagram Shopping.

Your account, dotterypotteryuk, no longer has access to Instagram Shopping until you can verify ownership of your website: folksy.com. Businesses selling on Instagram must use a website they own.

Not sure what to do next?
I tagged some items in a post that are available in my shop but they seem to want me to clarify that I own Folksy!!

2 Likes

I had the same messages Sarah @dotterypottery - have given up with it for now, decided its not worth the hassle.

2 Likes

Well, the items I tagged earlier are still linking back to Folksy, so I haven’t really got a clue what’s going on…lol!
It still seems like it;s working ok for the moment!