Instagram?

Thanks Sue.

I’m away from home at the moment and can’t get in Instagram. When I’m back I’ll find you !

Sandra

Hi Sandra
I think we have already four each other​:+1::wink: I will speak with you more about my sales on Instagam, I’m having an early night, I’m not feeling to good and I’m out early tomorrow morning, I can speak with you anytime Sunday and Monday Sandra :raising_hand_woman: I love your knitwear and at some point I would love to buy from you.Have a nice relaxed evening and I will speak with you soon
Sue x

I’m back on Monday Sue, speak with you then. Love to hear how you make sales on Instagram x

I’ve signed up to getting 5 tips on how to gain more instagram followers. The 1st tip was

Steps

1. Choose a hashtag that your target audience uses. Selling jewelry or accessories? Try #ootd (outfit of the day). Selling homewares or decor? Try #interiorinspo. Be creative and try a bunch of different hashtags.

2. Go to your Explore feed on Instagram (tap the magnifying glass icon) and tap on the Tags category. Type in your hashtag in the search bar.

3. Tap on the first image under the Most Recent category and start scrolling.

4. Start liking by double tapping on the images for the next 5 minutes.

5. Rinse, repeat!

Did this a few times yesterday, yes got a few likes but no followers :(.

Does this work? Shall I just persevere? Any other tips?

When I get a like on a photo from a stranger then I might check their profile to see who they are and what sort of things they post, maybe liking a photo or 2 back, but that’s it. You know people are generally just liking your photo because they want you to look at their page, and the more their account looks like a purely business page than a personal one the more obvious it seems.

If someone follows me, again I’ll check their profile, maybe like a photo, and if it seems like they post a lot of things that I like and would be interested in then I might follow back. Again, you know there are a lot of people who are only liking your page because they want you to like theirs, and after a day or a week they’ll have unfollowed you,

If someone comments I’ll check again. Some obviously seem a spammy comment that are just saying something to make you look at their page, the ones who sound more genuine and might actually start a mini conversation are the ones I’m more likely to pay attention to.

If someone follows me and I’m not that interested in their photos at first, but then they follow this up by occasionally liking and commenting on my photos for weeks/months to come, meaning they really did do it because they liked my posts and not just for attention, then they’re building a connection and I’m more likely to follow back and like and comment on their posts.

Continuously liking/commenting/following everything you see might work for some people (I guess it must when people suggest it so much), but I think there are a lot of people who are aware accounts just do that to get attention for themselves and will ignore it. I don’t think there is a quick fix, and although it might take up a little bit more time, I think it might be better being more selective and liking and commenting on things that you do really like and fit with the style of your items so you have more chance of seeming genuine and building a connection with people.

I’m rubbish at commenting, but from the people I follow it always seems to be the ones who can start conversations in comments and be really engaging that get all the followers.

1 Like

Hi Caroline, I found and followed you on Instagram, gorgeous flowers. Nice to see another Staffordian on Folksy :heart_eyes::two_hearts::+1:t2: Sharon x

Hello Everyone

I design and make hand stitched cards, embroidery wall art and gift products.

My Instagram is www.instagram.com/carolinewongdesigns

Hi
I’m
www.instagram.com/kernowclaire1

I have had an account for a while but have just started posting on there today. I’m struggling with decent photographs. Do you all just take the photo with Instagram and use their limited editing features?
I’m tempted to download some pictures from my PC to my phone and use those, does anyone else do this?
Would welcome any tips…

x

I love Instagram and have had many sales through it too. I usually take photos with my phone or tablet and edit them using Snapseed, which I like better than Instagram’s own editing tools. There is a bit more on Snapseed and it’s a free app and very easy to use. I will have a look for you on Instagram.

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a look at Snapseed.
x

Yes I usually edit my photos on my laptop and then save them to my cloud. Then I download them from my cloud on to my phone later on when I add them x