Will follow back

Tola x

1 Like

Just followed you @DetolaAndGeek :smile:

1 Like

Thanks luv x

following you too

1 Like

Ivā€™e joined but am pretty green about what it actually does or is. I follow a lot of animal sites. I put my craft stall pic on and a couple of cards,somebody liked one of my cards. My cat is on as well, he gets into everything I do. Does anyone understand Pinterest? I find it totally confusing. I couldnā€™t get anywhere at all until I learnā€™t to get in through Etsy and Folksy. Itā€™s a steep learning curve thatā€™s for sure.
Bye for now
Quillextra

I donā€™t get on with Pinterest, but I do with IG. I love looking at what others get up too, especially scenic pics.

1 Like

I do enjoy instagram and love seeing the photos of the people I follow pop up in my feed. I must admit I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had many/any sales from it though. I see people gaining dozens of followers quickly and I have no idea how they do it. Twitter and facebook seem relatively easy to gain followers but Iā€™m a bit stuck with IG.

2 Likes

You can gain followers @Coramantic I havenā€™t, I select who I wish to follow. I get men with cars and half naked women following :grin: got a laugh!

oh dear, Iā€™ve had a few of those too @Amberlilly they loose interest in me quickly :joy:

2 Likes

Hi I am on intergram, not very long, also my daughter, we are both selling, mostly to the US, although my daughter is selling in the UK also, I have been on etsy, and sold some items, 5 in one year, not good at all, I have Just started back up on Folksey and I am going to put folksey address on my instagram page.

Iā€™m selling my knitting crafts mostly, my painting arnt doing so well, although I have good comment, which is great and encouraging.

I love instagram, its a good way of chatting to friends and occasionly Iā€™m selling, its early days but I hope to do better, we will see, my daughter Tammy is doing better than me with her lovely crocheting, her name on instagram is tammadoodle, Iā€™m of cause ladydarinefinecrafts

sue
Have a good evening

Hi knittedpops
I have seen you on instagram page, you are doing well and doing all the right things to gain followers, its like anything, the more photos you put on of your items you want to sell, you will get noticed, by the way I love your chrocheting.
I have been on instagram a few weeks now and I have well over 200 followers who promote me, also, its good to leave a comment on other people items that you like.this is a real good help, another idea is have a give away, this gains you loads of follower, this is what my daughter has done and is making success.

Well done to you, by the way I am following you on instagram :+1::+1:

Sue x

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: and thankfully for the advice and the follows I really appreciate any help and advice I have been thinking of a giveaway or offering free postage etc just lately to promote and gain sales so I will take your advice and thankyou for your kind comments as a new seller it means a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your Welcome Knittedpops, have a great weekend x

and to you other shop owners x

Sue

I recently joined Instagram too: http://www.instagram.com/twinkleandgloom
I decided I would use it as a way to direct traffic to my website and facebook (and shop) by avoiding posting full versions of my artwork. I post snippets and add a link to the facebook page for a ā€˜full versionā€™ and then try and generate interest by posting items and fabrics etc that inspire my artwork. Iā€™ve had quite a good response so far and have had one person move from following me on instagram to facebook.

@GrimmExhibition I add photos via my actual camera- itā€™s a bit of a faff, but I import those into my iPod rather than using the phone on my iPod. So you can do that.

1 Like

ps: Iā€™ve forgotten my password/username away from the app so I canā€™t log in via the computer, if anyone follows me, I will follow you back!

Hi please can anyone tell me if there is an official Folksy instagram that we should hashtag so far I have found #newonfolksy and #folksyhq but is there a way to link to our shops please?

I just love looking at your photos, youā€™re items are lovely.

I love pinterest and am totally addicted to it now. I use it more than any other site. You can basically look up anything that you want ie) cakes to bake and it will give you a list of anything related. You can then click and read through and if you want to keep it you pin it. You can make boards ie) cake receipes and keep everything all together. Like pages in a book. You can then go back and open them at any time. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

I have followed you all on instagram x nearly forgot

1 Like

I hope I have managed to follow everyones links - how lovely :smiley:

Camila @folksycontent is there an official folksy Instgram link please?

I use #Folksy #Folksyshop #FolksyGift

hope that helps

Tola x

1 Like