Interview worries (again) another Update

What was I worried about, nice place and nice people. I was there for nearly 2 hours, the “interview” was a brief chat and I showed her things id made. Then I sewed for the rest of the time with a sewing lady letting me know what she wanted done. Some of it was good, some bad but I said at the end I had trouble with the invisible zip but she said that was the same for everybody when they first come in.

So, they will chat about me and she will email this week to say if they want me to do a days trial.
I was so nervous and so glad its over.

@tinasturdy I think I made the sewing lady laugh a bit so that may have been a good thing.

Oh, also one of the first things I did was say Im really nervous then a minute later got the piece of paper out that I had with a list of things id made on it. Promised myself I wouldn’t do, that but the lady was nice and relaxed about the whole situation and didn’t mind.

1 Like

It sounds as though it went really well if you were there for two hours :blush:

Yep, and luckily the time whizzed by.

1 Like

Sounds good, well done! :smiley:

I hope you get the positive outcome you are hoping for. Sounds like it wasn’t quite as scary as you expected.

Brilliant! Well done. You can relax now. What will be will be … but sounds to me like you stand every chance of good news soon :smile:
Bee

Ahh great news glad it went well don’t stress now what will be will be.

It’s great to hear it went well, fingers crossed for good news!

So glad it went so well for you!

Well, Ive just had a horrid afternoon. I bought some Xmas text fabric and theres a spelling mistake.

Also I got a reply from the job people and I wasn’t good enough to get called in for a days trial. so in a fit of desperation I contacted my old workplace for a job, as I noticed the were advertising my old job a few weeks back(I was made redundant).
Wish me luck, I could really do with some.

This’l make you laugh.

Ah typical- isn’t that annoying. We just reolised that there’s an extra dot in my dads email address on his business cards too- time to get the tipex out!

Sorry about the Job :frowning: but all the best with your application.
Recently I’ve been trying for part time work, nothing creative- unfortunately, but I don’t have to seem to have enough ‘experience’, because running your own business doesn’t seem to count :wink:

Oh dear, sorry about the job. They shouldn’t be advertising your old job if you were made redundant should they, or has it subtly changed? Hope you get something soon x

Wish you luck pursuing your old job, fingers crossed! :smile:

Thanks, I was only there for 3 weeks so I guess I don’t get any claim to future jobs.
My other job(first job I was made redundant from) re-advertised the same job about a month after I was made redundant, they emailed me about it, Id been there nearly a year so I think the amount of time effects whether they have to tell previous employee.

Oh and to round off a rubbish day, my tv doesn’t work, again, which means its probably deleted everything Ive recorded since the last time it didn’t work and deleted everthing Id recorded.

Sorry you’ve had a rubbish day, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

So my fit of desperation paid off. I start working at my old workplace next week!!! Im in total shock that it was that easy! It took a while to sink in that I will have money coming in so I can do other craft fairs Id been hesitant to apply for and I can buy crafty stuff. Hooray!!

8 Likes

that’s great news, hope it works out well x

I’m so glad to see this had a happy ending :grinning: Good luck with the job (and the craft fairs).

Well that should give you a bit of a confidence boost - they were happy to take you back so you weren’t made redundant due to the standard of your work! Hope you enjoy it and enjoy the extra cash.