Is There Still A Problem with Listing

I’ve been trying since last night to list a new item and I keep getting Photo error in red. This is getting a bit frustrating. I see from a previous thread that people are suggesting to clear cache but I don’t know how to do that and I always get hubby to do it for me on my laptop but unfortunately he’s not here until Friday.

Pauline are you able to use a different browser and see if you can list that way.

I always use firefox to list but do everything else in Internet Explorer. This was because I had a loading issue when listing in Internet Explorer many months ago. I don’t have the issues any more though and can list in either browser.

Hope you can find a work around

Hi Eileen I’ll try Firefox but I’m sure I tried it last night.

Still not getting anywhere. I’ll have to wait until Friday for hubby to come home.

What browser are you using Pauline?

I’ve tried Firefox,Google Chrome and Safari. I think its got something to do with my pictures but I’ve cropped them. The one I’m trying to load is only 2.47 MB. I can’t even load some of my older pictures which I know are the right size.

It might be that they’re too big. Try resizing them down a little maybe?

If you’ve tried that many browsers then chances are it’s not a caching issue :slight_smile:

I use Opera, as Firefox, Chrome and IE won’t let me into Pay Pal for some reason. I hope you get it sorted out, Pauline, I’m afraid I’m a bit of a techno dinosaur, so can’t really help you with clearing your cache - I wouldn’t know where to start. Fingers crossed for you.

Liz
x

1 Like

I’ve given up for tonight.

Did reducing your image sizes not work? I’m using Chrome and was just able to list a new item with no problem. My images are smaller than yours are though, about 1mb each.

Hope you manage to get it sorted. :slight_smile:

We are using a different programme for our photo’s and not sure how it makes them smaller. I’m not very good with computers so I’ll leave it for now.

oh no Pauline I’ve just tried to list in firefox and got this message

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, noreply@folksy.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at folksy.com Port 80

Is this the same message you are getting?

No Eileen, I got “Photo Error” which was in Red in the little square where your picture should go. It was only when I came to load my pictures. It may load OK on my ipad but the only problem is I haven’t got all my photo’s on there.

oh yikes :frowning:

I’m going to try again and hope it works this time. I’ve send a report to admin about mine.

It won’t even load from my ipad now.

Pauline I’ve just managed to list mine via IE however I had a strange thing happen when uploading the photo’s.

I usually use my pentax camera but took this lot via my Samsung compact camera.

When I uploaded a photo it load but for about 3-5 seconds I got a red message in the next photo box saying upload error. Then it would vanish and allow me to upload the next photo. All very weird, but at least they did upload and the listing worked.

Pauline have you emailed admin with your problems?

I’ve just tried to send an email to support but it was taking ages to send, so I’m not really sure they have received it. I shall wait and see if I get an acknowledgement email from them. That’s exactly the problem I was having, I couldn’t remember the exact wording but I knew it was something like that.

all the best Pauline I know how annoying it is when things don’t work as we expect them to.

This might be a way of telling me to throw in the towel with folksy, as I’m not getting many sales and haven’t done at all the whole of the year.

oh my that really suprizes me as your items are amazing :frowning:

1 Like