"Listings About to Expire" email sent a day late!

Helen yes of course and normally I 'm on top of things but in this case I was in hospital for ,4 days until the 4th so only just got my head back together when this bug hit me. Really just trying to tell @folksycontent that they have a fault in the system. XXX

Hope you are feeling better, Joy!

Thanks Helen. I’m absolutely fine, getting a bit domesticated. Just made a Victoria Sponge. A bit embarassing as expecting a friend any minute who is sick visiting. Oh and also went up to the garage, sans crutches, to get 4 pieces out for an order and all the packaging and came back and packed it. Beginning to feel a bit of a fraud.
Problem is because of DVT risk, and I googled it and it’s about 34% chance if you don’t take precautions, I’m not allowed to do a lot for 6 weeks. Certainly no travel of any distance And I have to wear navy blue stockings for all that time.

I bet you have a little ceremony to throw away those navy blue stockings, come the happy day!

They’re really tight to get off as they have to compress my ankles but have to struggle every couple of days so I can change them to wash them ! (Never thought I would need to ask Bob to change my socks for me :wink: :wink: )

I’m just going to ice my cake and then… shall I cut out some angel wings and bodies… or… shall I make some fused Xmas decorations. As long as I only stand for an hour at a time reckon I’ll be good… Fusing is all standing but the stained glass angels allow a lot of sitting while I copper foil. Decisions decisions… xxx

1 Like

I’m going to talk to @dougfolksy about this again Joy, and see if we can sort it out so this doesn’t happen. How utterly frustrating!!

Thanks Camilla @folksycontent xxx In the meantime I will be a bit more vigilant and make sure I relist the day before not after they expire :slight_smile:

Sorry Joy, I should have said I’d flagged up the expiry date problem as a bug for Doug to look at.

I also added how expired items are displayed as a separate issue because, however they got there, finding/sorting through them is a pain!

2 Likes

Slightly off topic - if I decide not to renew my plus a/c do I automatically go on to paying for listings as they expire or do I have to advise someone?

Theresa I’m pretty sure the billing system is automated so I would expect it to automatically start billing you.

Hi all and Folksy staff. I noticed that for several weeks I have received relisting emails twice at 48 and 24 hours notice. I have grown used to this and realised that it’s actually a good reminder! But I haven’t received ANY relisting emails for 2 weeks now. Having checked over my dashboard and shop listings I am slowly relisting items so they all don’t have the same date. Has anyone else not received relisting emails??

I had one today for the one item about to expire but it’s sold already

PS Thanks so much for the reminder. Made me check and sure enough I had ignored the one from the 25th and 2 ‘live’ listings just expired themselves. Now relisted.

Hi Folksy. Just to say thank you as I have received a relisting email this morning, the first since Jan 9th, so it looks like the issue has been resolved for my shop! :grinning: :+1:

Is there any way to turn off the “item due to expire soon” emails?

I understand for some people they’ll be useful, but I really wish it were optional because I purposefully list at least 1 item a day so in 4 months time I’ll have 1 item expiring and ready to renew every day. I really don’t need a daily email to tell me this, especially when it’s for items that are hidden from sale… I don’t want to accidentally renew them when they suddenly move from “hidden” to “expired”. I wish they’d stay in their hidden section because I keep nearly renewing things I don’t currently have.

1 Like

I see your point. In my case I tend to renew en-block. When I get the email (and not had one too late recently) I do everything on the last page and also check the expired to see there are no newly expired in there with a stock level.

Though I too list nearly every day I also have a tendency ( :slight_smile: ) to take 3 or 4 week holidays - so before I go I always renew anything which will expire up to a week after I get back… as it is an absolute pain trying to pick out of the expired listings those which still have stock, which have slid across while my back was turned. And yes I have accidentally renewed something I didn’t plan too as it was sold which was awful when I then sold it again !
The main problem is that expired = expired by mistake (with stock) as well as expired because I’ve sold it (zero stock). Could do with expired zero stock popping themselves into a different box entirely.

1 Like

Oh no, even worse if it sold before you realised you didn’t have it!

Yes, I’ve got:
Properly expired with stock.
Expired with no stock that sold on Folksy.
Expired with stock that had just been hidden because it sold off Folksy (I guess I could delete them, but I prefer to leave them as hidden because then any old pins will go to an “item unavailable” page, so they can still get to my shop).
Expired with stock that had been hidden because it’s temporarily in a shop/exhibition. Definitely not deleting those because they might come back and need renewing.

So it can all get a bit confusing when the things that had been in separate sections all end up muddled together in the same expired folder, and you have to try to remember what you’ve still got.

I definitely think something needs to be done to make it clearer. Whether like you say it’s some extra folders, whether they stay in their original out of stock/hidden folder just with “EXPIRED” written in the “expires” column, or if they all go in the expired folder but maybe if they came from out of stock/hidden they’re a little greyed out, so it’s obvious they hadn’t been active when they expired.

2 Likes

Argh! I just realised I’d had something listed in my shop for weeks that had sold months ago because I accidentally renewed it once it moved to the expired folder.

Please please please Folksy, can you stop moving things from the out of stock and hidden folders to expired? We don’t want those items there! It’s just confusing and leads to mistakes far too easily… and if we’re not quick enough, will lead to unhappy customers when they buy items we don’t have.

Luckily I found it’s already been brought up in the suggestions (https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features/suggestions/4246495-sold-items-on-expired-listings-list), but with so few votes and nothing being done about it for 6 years, I don’t hold much hope :disappointed:

1 Like