Looking for constructive feedback

Hi

I have had my folksy shop for almost a year now but only in the last couple of months really started to push my business forwards. As of yet I haven’t had any sales from my shop but I would appreciate if any of you lovely folks could take a look and give me some constructive feedback.

www.folksy.com/shops/MBHelen

TIA

Helen

I would put dimension into your listing ie measurement for the overall length of your pretty keyring and what size of split ring are you using as that is useful information for some have more keys than others.

Pretty thank you flower card but you don’t say card in your description you might want to add that as it will also help you come nearer the top of a search.

You say the flower colour may vary do you mean due to people’s monitors or do you mean they might be set a different one than is in the photo?

The made to order crochet hats really need sizes rather than small, medium and large as they don’t really mean much where as diameter around a head and length from top of hat to brim to help when deciding what size will fit a child. Remember we have to give as much information as we can because potential customers can’t pick up our items and try them on before being so will often be put off if we don’t give them the measurements they require.

Are you using any social media sights to promote your items?

Does this help at all?

1 Like

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the feedback that is incredibly helpful. I use facebook and have a twitter account that is linked to it also as I am really very new to this as so far what I have sold has mainly been to family and friends or other parents in the playground.

Any thoughts on my photographs? I am not sure what background works best.

Thanks

Helen

When it comes to photo’s I’ve not brilliant but I’ve learnt a couple of things one is if your item is a dark item take it against a white background if your items is white use a black or dark blue background.

We do have 5 slots for photos so that great as we can do an overall photo then do close up of specials bits. Show the reverse side and sometimes even the inside of an item, the top and/or side. So the potential customer can see as much as possible of the item.

I find I take far more photo’s than I use I tend to choose the best one’s I can manage. Natural light is great.

I would also suggest trying to using other social media sights to promote as well

There’s craftjuice and we have a craftjuice thread where we all vote for each other items once they get 5 votes craftjuice promotes our item onto twitter and facebook as well.

I would also suggest google+
pinterst
and wanelo

Here are links to help you see what they are like

www.wanelo.com
www.plus.google.com

In the Showcase part of the forum there are many different threads you can join in where we agree to promote each other’s items like the weekly listing thread and others. These helps to expand your reach to new potential customers.

1 Like

Thank you again @EileensCraftStudio

I do have a pinterest account also I am just working out how best to manage them all without taking up all my time and not making anything!

I will check out google+, craftjuice and wanelo.

You have given me a lot to think about and work with over the next few days.

Thanks

Helen

Eileen @EileensCraftStudio might be a silly question what is www.wanelo.com

wanelo is a shopping site that we can post our items to and people who are search there for an item if they see your’s will click on the photo and be taken back to your shop. It’s a wee bit like pinterst as you can heart an item and save it to your own personal boards just like on pinterst.

I have had a look and you have lovely items but I got confused by the names.
As they don’t tell you what the item is. I know you said you linked fb to the account is that why the names are the way they are?

I think you do have some lovely photos bit afew are about dark.
I had that trouble at first. Now I’m trying to get my photos in focus. Photos do my head in some times.

Join in on some of the threads everyone is lovely.
Juicecraft is really good. And so is pinterest.
Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks Eileen. not herd of that one before. Might just have to take a look.

Thanks @hobbitgirlie1880

I may have to change the names on my products as I wasn’t quite sure if I should give each product its own defining name or be a bit more state the obvious as I was with the travel mug with crochet cosy.

I will be revisiting product names first I think.

Thanks

Helen

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, I am in the process of getting my logo sorted to the right size to fit the banner, not too sure on the avatar as I really hate photos of myself.

I am going to look at product titles and descriptions, I will also be looking at my page layout as well.

I will be retaking some of my photos now that you have said that the prop draws your attention away from the actual item I am trying to sell.

I was very wary of using all white when some of the items are almost completly white themselves but I will certainly give that a try.

Lots more to think about and adjust to get my shop working for me.

Thanks

Helen

You don’t have to use a photo of your self as your avatar.
I have used a keyring in my shop I’m sure I’ll change it tho.
On here it’s lots of beads.

I hate my photo too

1 Like

I don’t use a photo of myself either but one of my hearts as my shop advatar

1 Like

Thanks @EileensCraftStudio and @hobbitgirlie1880

I will probably go with the keyring I have up as I use that on my facebook page.

Helen

Why thank you @stevieafloat

Give me a few days and then let me know what you think to my shop, the photos will take me the longest to sort out but I have already made changes.

Helen