Messages from customers?

I’ve had an email notification as a customer has contacted me. But how do I reply to them I can’t find anything in my folksy account where I can view or reply to the message :confused.

I have yet to receive a direct message myself. Is there an option within the email to reply? Feel free to send me a direct message and I will take a look for you.

There is no facility within Folksy itself for messaging. If a customer has emailed you via the “contact seller” option then you will receive an email. The only way to respond to it is by replying via your email provider. Just a word of warning though, when you reply the recipient will have access to your email address so just be sure that it is a genuine customer and not spam otherwise you will be plagued!

1 Like

You reply within your email account not via Folksy. Just reply as to any normal email. Hope that helps. :smiley:

This is why you need to have an email account that you only use for Business.

I keep all Folksy emails in one place from which I answer customer questions from and send out all thank you for your order I will post your items on …,. whatever day and date, type emails. It keeps all folksy correspondence together in one place away from my private email address. I have mine in my meet the maker section as well.

I really don’t think you need to worry about spam, messaging someone through Folksy is a very inefficient way of ‘harvesting’ email addresses. However, I think it’s good to do what Eileen says and have a separate e-mail address (mine all forward a copy to my main address so I don’t miss anything) for business related messages, an address relating to your business name is ideal.

Be cautious of emails from people enquiring about your most expensive item especially if they are asking questions about whether they can pay by paypal, the condition of the item, if you are the rightful owner - this is potentially the start of a scam. If they come back and say that they are an oceanographer and require a complicated shipping methodology then run a mile as it is a scam. If it seems like a real enquiry then just reply as you would to any other email.

I had one the other week, and it said I could just reply to the email that
folksy had sent me… It should get to the customer directly. I hope it did, but I never heard back!

There is a message system on Folksy. If you go to your icon on the top right hand side, and click once you will see a drop down menu, but at the top of that drop down bit you will see an envelope icon. That is where messages are stored.

However customers usually contact via the “Contact the designer” option and they receive an email from Folksy. When they reply it’s to that persons email address from their own email address and contact is from that point just via email.

The message system only works on the forum which would mean only those of use who use the forum can use the Forums Private Message system.

I think you also have to register to be able to post in the forum and use the forums Private Message System. It is separate from Folksy itself.