Messages sent to sellers

Just checked my spam folder too, prompted by this thread as I e-mailed a customer reply a few days ago and not had a reply back, unfortunately my new e-mail doesn’t allow me to ask for a read receipt so I have no idea if it got there and I’m wary of re-sending in case it’s seen as hassling! I have only once ever had something go into spam folders so hopefully it’s not a regular occurance.

I am often asked to send straight to recipient, I love doing the little message cards that go in it makes me happy to be part of the gift giving :slight_smile:

Hope you found what you were looking for @janda105 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just checked my spam folder too. I hate the idea of missing a message and someone thinking I’m being rude. As it is, I’m constantly checking my emails hoping for the thrill of a message showing someone is interested in my items or confirming a sale (I was rewarded with one of those emails yesterday - so happy!), but how would you know if you have missed seeing a message? I do hope this isn’t a regular experience for people wanting to buy through Folksy.

1 Like

In my case it is very rare indeed for a Folksy email not to arrive. My phone also usually notifies me.

I mentioned on another thread that I had contacted 2 shops that I wanted to order from. I messaged again after a few days but still no response so I have shopped elsewhere now.

There used to be an internal messaging system that worked well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was be mortified if I thought that someone had messaged me and not had a response. I’m pretty sure I get 100% of Folksy messages and to be honest its pretty easy to check if you are getting them by sending one to yourself. If it doesn’t arrive then contact
@folksycontent (after first checking of course that you have set up your email correctly).

After I typed the above I went into my shop via another window. sent myself a message, got a confirmation on the screen and then found 2 emails in my intray… one from me as sender and one to me as seller.
May I suggest that anyone who is not sure they are getting messages tries this simple confirmation
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope it wasn’t me!
My e-mail account is playing games with me at the moment - It used to keep me logged in for days at a time but now it keeps logging me out every hour or so, so I have to log back in again but it won’t even open in a new tab - it has to be a whole new window.
I do worry that I am going to miss important e-mails.

2 Likes

Great idea, Joy, and I just tried it to make sure I was ok!

1 Like

It would never have occurred to me to try that, Joy! Genius! Just tried it - all working fine.

1 Like

Hello
Firstly let me reassure everyone who has kindly got involved in this posting that it is none of you…I still haven’t heard from the two sellers concerned but have been happy to get goods elsewhere.
Thank you all
Best wishes

5 Likes

Hi, I am quite new to selling on folksy, ive been on etsy for a long time. I just wanted to say that i have received a message from a potential buyer, she has given me all the details of what she wants. I replied to her message, i didnt hear back, so i replied again. I have now had the same message come through again, through email via folksy and again i have replied and nothing! maybe the same thing is happening to these people?

@Gigglydoodles rather than replying to the message you received, copy the email address that is quoted in the body of message and start a new email pasting that into the recipient box that might be enough to get it through to her inbox. If you don’t hear back then let admin know all the details (support@folksy.com) they have server logs they can look through that might show up the issue.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree Dawn! A messaging system like Etsy would be great! As would an app! I regularly check my emails and last night I found I’d had an order come in Tuesday and didn’t see that on Tuesday! I feel mortified now because I’ve missed last posting dates and hope it isn’t a Christmas present or something!!!

Amanda
For every sale you should already get 3 different notifications.

1. Email from Folksy
  2. Email from Paypal to say payment is through (I assume Stripe also sends a message)
  3. In your Folksy shop a new Order showing on your Orders page as paid / awaiting despatch

& Your Sold items also goes up

Surely nothing more is needed. If you go to your shop at all you should see the order / increase in Sold count so why do you also need an alert.

2 Likes