Monthly Art Chat - August 2014

Lovely illustration Max, and that bee is superb Gaynor!

Enjoy your sewing Pam.

The National Wildlife Art Exhibition was brilliant! Really enjoyed it, but I wasn’t going to spend £1 on a price list so I’ve no idea how much they all were! Don’t think I could have afforded any anyway.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the exhibition Margaret, maybe you could look on line see if they had a catalogue :smile:

Work in progress, canvas lined and edged with vintage paper, acrylic wash and textured layer, now I need to wait! Aaaarrrggg I don’t like waiting lol!

1 Like

Good idea Max, this is what I found. As I expected they are all a very long way out of my price range! This is why I never imagined I’d ever have an art collection of my own, before I discovered ACEOs and the like! :smile:

http://www.newa-uk.com/gallery/gallery.php?nPage=1

2 Likes

There’s some fabulous work there Margaret, I love the one called the fox and bee, they have sold a fair few too :slight_smile:

They looked much better in real life and without the watermarks all over them!lol

1 Like

morning all. I was too busy with all kinds of things yesterday to do any painting. I’m still sewing though, I want to get this tiger finished and then maybe I’ll have more time to play with my art stuff.

Hope you all have a great day! :smile:

2 Likes

Morning Margaret enjoy your sewing, just about to do the next layer on my little girl :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning, I’m home after a lovely 2 weeks in Devon. Got lots of paintings to show you over the week :slight_smile: Sadly we didn’t have a sea view this year - I’m feeling a little mislead there, the write up promised us sea views from one of the bedrooms but in fact it was sea glimpses through a lot of housing. Never mind, I had lots of inspiration while we were out and about.

Here’s a chicken I met at a pub one evening

Max I love that brolly girl, perfect for this weather. Didn’t we have some rain yesterday??

Wonderful bee Gaynor.

Wow at those prices Margaret! I suppose the artists will have to pay a lot of commission to the exhibition organisers if they sell, and they will have had to pay an administration fee to submit each piece too.

Waves to Pam and anyone I’ve missed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cute chicken Stephie, glad you had a good holiday. Look forward to seeing more of your Devon inspired paintings.

1 Like

Just finished my mixed media it’s on my FB page didn’t want to swamp the thread lol! Not sure what to paint next, I’m leaning towards a beach scene after our long walk this morning :smile:

Love the chicken Stephie,

1 Like

I’ve just seen your lovely mixed media on FB and it’s fab Max!

2 Likes

Swamp away Max :smiley: off to fb to have a peek…

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am cheekily hopping over to art chat because I have some of my Mum’s ACEO’s that I have reduced to £1 each. From being a technophobe, my mum has got herself an ipad and now sells her own work so these are just a few paintings that I have left. If there are other pictures in my shop that you like you could always make an offer on them!

http://folksy.com/items/2914166-ACEO-Swiss-Harebell-Botanical-Watercolour

Thank you!
Ellie x

2 Likes

Thanks ladies, hi Ellie, good luck to your mum :). This is the finished work now I don’t know if I want to sell it or keep it lol!

4 Likes

Hi Ellie, pretty harebells, and what a bargain! Does your mum sell on folksy too? Would she be interested in joining the thread?

Max I can’t see your picture :frowning: saw it on facebook though and it’s lovely.

2 Likes

Wow Ellie those are amazing bargains! As you know I’ve bought some of your Mum’s work and still have them on display. These are lovely! Well done to your Mum for getting tech savvy. Just as well I’m saving at the moment or I’d have snapped them all up! :smile:

No painting today, but I’m spending some time jewellery making tonight for a change. One of Mum’s bracelets needs mending. It’s not one I made but one we bought at a craft fair, the elastic is going so I need to get my ‘jewellery stuff’ out and will make something for myself when I’ve mended Mum’s. At least I’m being creative in some way!

3 Likes

Good morning everyone :slight_smile:

You have all been busy … Love the mixed media Max and your chicken is great Stephie look forward to seeing your other holiday paintings :slight_smile:

Been a busy time too … Last week I had lots of web work and managed some painting time and over the weekend we have been to a family do, which was great fun :slight_smile: I have also sold serveral paintings, some miniatures which are going to Hampshire and over the water to Europe - plus I have a larger commission to paint and an Owl to try and do in wax !!! After a very quiet art July it’s great to have so many things going on this month already :slight_smile:

I have some photographing to do later so I’ll pop back to see what is going on with you all today.

Hazel

2 Likes

morning all! :smile:

Glad your month is going well Hazel.

I made a few jewellery pieces last night, just got to finish them off with clasps tonight. It was lovely to have a change from sewing/painting, I do like variety! :smile:

Have a great day everyone.

1 Like

Morning everyone.

Well done on the sales Hazel - you seem to be having a great year.
I love the way you’ve done the rainbow in your piece Max - really lovely.
I’m already a fan of your mum’s work Ellie - beautiful studies.
And the chicken’s fab Stephie. I used to keep them and you’ve captured the mannerism perfectly.

I had a lovely day painting yesterday and completed my set of bees:

Painting of a different kind this week - we’re decorating the living room. Then I start my next car commission - an Aston Martin this time :smile:

Have a great week all.

Gaynor

3 Likes

morning all, just got home from West Wales, love the Bees Gaynor. I managed to squeeze in a few more paintings yeasterday with my favouriye inks’ just got to get them mounted. I even managed a few ACEO’s not done any of those for a while.

Glad to see your still enjoying making jewellery Margaret :slight_smile:

Sounds like you have a busy day Hazel and well done on the commissions :slight_smile: