Monthly Art Chat : October Come on in all welcome

Stephie, that is lovely…the eye is really brilliant too…
the snow in my scene was just splattered but you have to use white gouache or acrylic or it doesn’t show up properly…
I watched a Joanne Boon Thomas dvd at the weekend …I love her work…and I nearly fell off my chair when I saw how cruel she was to her paint brushes !!! She almost squashes them into the paper.!! I think I must be far too gentle…lol

Love the snow scene Brenda

Fab robin Stephie and I have the gift idea on FB is nice - I have now commented again thank you :slight_smile:

And Yay I’ve had a folksy sale :slight_smile:
Nothing to do with folksy though, it’s a miniaturist via facebook as I promoted my rose this morning and it sold. A lovely lady who helped us with lighting when we originally built my Gallery so that was nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on the sale, Hazel!
Waving to everyone! :smile:
I’m trying to work on loads of projects at the moment and don’t seem to be able to get onto the thread, paint, sew and knit simultaneously, so sorry that I have been absent recently!!
Here’s a new one from me, in a more contemporary style…

5 Likes

A lovely painting Pam and a great idea for a Christmas ACEO :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work Pam…I have been busy painting…need to stock up with items to list…
I only have 32 reading and waiting…lol…
I have all these boxes full of paintings that are listed in different places…plus large paintings in a portfolio case and smaller (big) ones in a file book… good job I am well organized…(I think)

1 Like

I started this thread a while ago …

Please will you add your art …

Thanks Hazel

@ClareSherwen @bluebeezy
@teabreaks @paperchainsandbeads @phoenixprojects @Coloursandtextures
@StephanieGuy @twinkleandgloomart @littleRamstudio @Rozcraftz

1 Like

Thanks, Hazel! Have added my Christmas ACEO to your thread. :grinning:

1 Like

I wish I had loads of stock ready, Brenda! I’m hoping that I’ll have a bit more time next week and will be able to have a few little paintings to list by then. I don’t know where the time is going to at the moment! :slight_smile:

This is a very Christmassy thread today! Love the snowy scene Brenda, the robin is fab Stephie and Pam, that’s a very pretty scene.

As promised, here’s how some of my needlework is getting on. I’m not showing my poppy tapestry today, it should be finished soon and I’ll show it then. Here’s my cat, getting some foliage and flowers around his head

I’m also doing a small long stitch piece which fits the Christmassy theme nicely :smile:

Progress on everything is slow with working and doing stuff for the parents, but I do love my stitching!

3 Likes

wow Margaret, they are fantastic…
Managed to do another 7x5 painting today 4 aceos…4 aceo backgrounds for another day and 3 bookmarks…OH and a birthday card for my own use…phew…

2 Likes

That’s great Pam :smile: Good to promote art as a gift.

Sounds like you have been busy Brenda.

I never use to have stock offline - nearly all my paintings that are for sale are online somewhere, except now that I am doing the miniatures fairs. The next one is on Sunday. I have stock of the dolls house paintings for the fairs, I take the framed miniatures out of my online shops to take but otherwise the fair stock is not the online stock and I have around 100 of those as I have now painted more to replace the ones that were sold last time.

Margaret your sewing is amazing - the cats eyes are beautiful and the cottage a wow :slight_smile:

Morning Hazel and morning anyone else that pops in before midday…
I always try to keep stock ready and waiting to list, so that I can try to choose paintings that are slightly different from the previous listing…keeps the shop more full of variety.
Here is the 7x5 that I painted yesterday…

2 Likes

That’s beautiful Brenda!

thank you Margaret…I am playing about with salt, cling film and then deciding what to do with the results. Got my Jean Haines’ books out again ! :wink:
found another artist that I like and she does lovely youtube demos Angela Fahr

Beautiful work Brenda. Jean Haines style is not easy - I find I have to have a plan for it to work.

Margaret your stitching is gorgeous, I really love the long stitch one - I think the length of stitches adds depth. Are the stitches directional as well? I can’t tell from the photo.

Pam your Bethlehem painting is lovely, contemporary but still your style.

Hazel I’ll add mine to your thread in a tic.

Here’s another robin

Super cute robin Stephie.

The long stitch is entirely vertical, it’s the texture of the wool I’m using that makes it look directional too :smile: The term ‘long stitch’ is a bit misleading, many of the stitches are only 1 thread long, so are actually tiny stitches, especially on branches etc.

Stephie, I agree…Jean Haines makes it LOOK easy but it isn’t. So what I am doing is throwing paint at the paper and adding the salt and cling film…no plans made.
I then leave it for a couple of days and keep looking at it…even upside down !!!..then go for it.
I have a couple of aceos that just didn’t work out, so I just painted over them…lol…good fun though.
I have never been one to plan what I want to do, so this suits my butterfly brain quite well !!

It is a bit too late for Halloween, but my other witches sold well , so I decided to list another one…

Great robin Stephie

Lovely landscape Brenda.

I’ve been getting messy … Lots of black wax … Everywhere lol I’ve been painting my commission pieces and they are sunset silhoutees … But more to do yet but should have them sorted by the weekend

Hazel.

Very productive day indeed. Before clearing up !!! I decided to do a couple of ACEO versions of the silhoutees to try out an idea … Plus I just can’t stop painting small lol

3 Likes