Monthly Art Chat : October Come on in all welcome

Hi all.
I have not been on Folksy much, been really busy in the garden planting loads of bulbs.
Fab poppy Max, not surprised Margaret snapped it up.

I am doing a new series of scarves and written about the first one on my blog

just been doing some Jean Haines style paintingā€¦quite pleased with itā€¦I will take pics soon
waving Tessa

1 Like

Evening all, thank you Margaret @Louisa15, lovely made my day!. I feel rubbish today guessing itā€™s linked to the menopause, I ache everywhere and am exhausted for no good reason, slept well, not done anything stressful or strenuous but feel quite tired and grumpy today :confused:. Hubs just popped the hot water on to run me a bath, dinners cooking and Iā€™m having a cheeky glass of bubbly wine :wine_glass: to cheer me up! :wink:

Good to see you back on line Brenda, and yeah for admin :+1: and looking forward to seeing you new paintings

Ooh be lovely to see your bulb display Tessa

Love love love the owl Matt

I do sympathise Max, Iā€™m past all that now, and just have the hot flushes which are not too bad. Iā€™m glad your hubby is looking after you.

1 Like

Me too Max, hope you feel a bit better soon

Good to hear things have settled for you Margaret.

Waving everyone ā€¦

Iā€™m keeping myself busy with Art In Wax getting ready to do another mini fair in November. I do promote my shop here as much as else where but other than one sale this month folksy is still very quiet for me ā€¦ Will it pick up for Christmas I wonder? Sales other places are going great !!

1 Like

I KNOW how lucky I am, but have NEVER had a hot flushā€¦hope you donā€™t suffer too much Maxā€¦
Here is the painting I have been playing withā€¦salt, cling film, runny paintā€¦etcā€¦lol.

4 Likes

NIce work Brenda, I like effect :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s really lovely Brenda, well done! I think we need to play with our paints every now and then to keep things fresh.

My sales are very quiet everywhere online, fortunately I have a lot going on artwise offline which is keeping me busy!

Max I hope youā€™re not suffering too much. Maybe youā€™re coming down with something, Iā€™ve been head-achy all week. Menopause wise I had the hot flushes after I had the endometrial ablation in the springā€¦I changed my entire wardrobe (including nightwear) to cotton and linen and havenā€™t suffered at all since. Evening primrose oil is supposed to help too.

Margaret congrats on snapping that one up - if you hadnā€™t bought it then it would have been heading for my basket, the colours are gorgeous.

Cute candle Hazel!

2 Likes

That lovely Brenda, I really like the effects on that one.

Iā€™m just back from a really good art exhibition, an animal art one at Willington Hall, only 9 miles away from me but so tucked away in the countryside that Iā€™d never heard of it before. The art itself was gorgeous, the artists there very friendly and the hotel quite posh with beautiful views. A thoroughly good morning out!

2 Likes

Sounds lovely Margaret, did you buy anything?

only a card, I couldnā€™t afford anything else!

1 Like

Glad you had a lovely time, and obviously the prices were highā€¦much nicer and more reasonable here on Folksyā€¦:wink:
Waving to everyoneā€¦

2 Likes

Indeed yes Brenda, and theyā€™d never heard of ACEOs when I explained about my collection. They were interested though :smile:

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it surprising how many people have not heard of ACEOā€™s especially people in the art world. I have found very few people who know what they are !!

Sounds like a nice day out Margaret.

Iā€™ve booked my next miniature fair today and have been busy wrapping and pricing some new pieces in readiness, not til the 2nd but I have more to paint so wanted to get the new ones finished first.

Waving everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

well done for spreading the word Margaret!.. I always carry aceo sized prints of my favourite paintings and never hesitate to get them out to show people what they look likeā€¦we need more collectors !
My feet are cold tonightā€¦brrrrā€¦off to bed to watch art dvdā€™s I thinkā€¦with my bedsocks !

Itā€™s gone really mild again here, no bedsocks in sightā€¦although I too am definitely heading bedwards, I can hardly keep my eyes open zzzz

Good morning gang what are you all up to today? Iā€™m on a mission to find someone to lend me an easelā€¦I have two set up in my sonā€™s room (Iā€™m borrowing it while heā€™s away) and now I need a third. Now that Iā€™ve actually started Iā€™m really looking forward to painting this biggie. Iā€™m hoping to be able to show you progress shots as I go (:

Thought Id show you a couple of needle felted pictures I have done this week. I think they count as art!

6 Likes

Theyā€™re lovely Roz @Rozcraftz , of course they count as art! I have done some needle felted pictures in the past, itā€™s quite therapeutic isnā€™t it lol. I like the way youā€™ve presented the fox in the hoop.

I found the hoop in my stash left over from a cross stitch project that never quite happened! I am quite pleased with the way it looks and I think I am going to try a few more presented like that.