Monthly Art Chat : October Come on in all welcome

Morning All

Love the chicken especially @Rozcraftz :smile:

Looking forward to seeing your WIP Stephie hope the search for the easel goes well :slight_smile:

Hazel

I love your needle felting Roz, especially the Rooster!

1 Like

Max, the coaster arrived today and is gorgeous I love it! :smile:

Many thanks for the owl, itā€™s lovely!

Having a busy day today, must dash.

1 Like

Afternoon everyone Iā€™ve had a busy day, errands and helping my dad set up his ā€œsmartā€ tv lol

Iā€™ve been sorting through my pictures and have decided to list this one ā€¦ Itā€™s been in store waiting for me to decided if I was going to hang it somewhere here but I think it needs a new home ā€¦ Iā€™ll be listing it over the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome Hazel!

I think I mentioned in your blog a little while back that Art in Wax makes brilliant gifts (if I can bear to give any away) and I thought you might like to know where some of what I have bought has gone/is going.

It was my deskmate Francisā€™s 30th birthday a month ago, so I gave him a small piece of Art in Wax, all pine cones and mountains, and itā€™s still on display on his desk. I have one of your poppies on my desk, and he has his picture on his and they both look great! Our postman is retiring shortly, and heā€™s done a lot for me, taking care of the packages that get delivered to work, and I get on very well with him. Iā€™m planning to give him some Art in Wax, as heā€™s always so admired your work. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll love it, but I do find giving it away very difficult! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Margaret glad you like the Stroll in the Park :slight_smile:

Yes I did post about giving gifts on my blog, wow thank you for telling me, I am sooooo chuffed you are giving some of my art away - ok that sounds strange !!! But you know what I mean, Iā€™m chuffed you feel it is a suitable gift and that your colleagues admired my art, as you know I do love knowing where Art In Wax is ā€¦ I invest in each and every piece of my art and really appreciate knowing who has it and where it is being displayed and hopefully enjoyed. I recall you mentioning your post guy and over the years he has taken an interest in your art collection it seems a perfect idea to give him as a retiring gift.

You have made my day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh Hazel what gorgeous autumnal colours!

Margaret thatā€™s lovely of you to give away some of your collection, and very appropriate too. I bet the postie misses seeing your purchases now youā€™re buying lessā€¦youā€™ll have to take in your own ppaintings, cross stitch and tapestries to show him instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Morning All :slight_smile:

Thank you Stephie. I saw your easel set up on FB looks like you will be having lots of fun :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just listed my ā€œStroll In The Parkā€ it needs a new home :wink:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™m seeing some lovely new pieces here. :smile:
I donā€™t know if this will be of any interest to you but I was on S4C (welsh tv) on Thursday as part of an art project, Iā€™ve been on it before but this time it was a little different.
If anyone is interested they can see it here (Itā€™s at the beginning after the film review) there are subtitles available: http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/c_level2.shtml?programme_id=516371543

I absolutely hate interviews or being talked to, really, I was so nervous too. So my interview isnā€™t very insightful but the feature has been put together well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lowri, I wish I had known, as I could have watched it on tv. I clicked on your link and I know a tiny bit of Welsh and the Click to share? (I think) but I was worried by the big red exclamation mark and so didnā€™t click on the linkā€¦(I am always a bit cautious about clicking on links)
Hope it went well.
waving everyone. I have been painting backgrounds and now just waiting for them to dry before I decide what to do with them.
Off to get the fish and chipsā€¦yum yum ā€¦and no cookingā€¦

I just checked, tge explanation mark just states its unsuitable for children, after you click play thereā€™s a little box to tick to say your over 16. Im the same with external links- you have to be careful these days. :smile:

Im jealous of your fish and chips!

What a fab interview Lowri! I couldnā€™t understand a word of it but you have a very pretty voice (:

For those not on fb, this is the pic that Hazel mentionedā€¦my set up for the 6 foot painting :worried:

2 Likes

Thank you @StephanieGuy :smiley:

Those are very very nice easels.

Well done Lowie your work looks fun :smile:

Iā€™ve just posted a picture of a mini Owl I painted today on FB and it sold in seconds ā€¦ I do love it when that happens - itā€™s that sort of fun stuff I miss from folksy ā€¦ They were fun times :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a good evening

Hazel

1 Like

I will take a look at the interview next week Lowriā€¦when hubby is asleep and I can turn up the sound on my laptopā€¦
I have had a good week. Sold over 20 paintings across the board, so cannot complainā€¦even some on Folksy which is promising.
Lowri, the fish and chips were goodā€¦sorryā€¦not sharingā€¦the fox and badger had the leftovers.
And while eating I watched the firework display down on the beachā€¦from the comfort of my homeā€¦lol

1 Like

Good morning! Iā€™ve just found some dancers that I didnā€™t list in the summer so will be adding them this week, hereā€™s the first.

1 Like

Very pretty Stephie :slight_smile:

Quiet in here today ā€¦

Iā€™ve been playing with my Gallery ā€¦ put some new pictures on the walls and added my new table that Adrian has made into a lovely antique style from a basic shell we found on the high street last week ā€¦

I really am hooked on miniā€™s not just painting them ā€¦ The Gallery is my folly :wink:

2 Likes

Morning all waving hi to everyone, just to say Iā€™m still here and feeling a bit better now still a bit hot but not quite so blue!. had a lovely family weekend and just crafting hardly been on the PC I think I probably needed a break :wink:

Lovely work everyone

1 Like

Morning Max glad you are feeling a bit better, good to have a relaxing weekend and I find doing what we love - painting / crafting / sewing can really help :smile: and for feeling hot I have ā€œseveralā€ mini fans I donā€™t go anywhere without one !!!

I have some mini paintings to back and pack today ready for the fair on Sunday ā€¦ A small flock - robin and other fearther friends :slight_smile:

Morning ladiesā€¦wavingā€¦glad you are feeling better Max.
Just listed this fantasy aceo

2 Likes