Has anyone found mould / black mould spores on products or fabrics they ordered for craft-making or use ? If so, what action did you take ?
Where do you store your opened products, if they are paper-based or fabric based ?
Does anyone measure humidity levels near moisture-sensitive items ?
I recently found a batch of cards I ordered with mould spores at the end of the packet.
Fortunately, the supplier was very good about it, and is sending another new batch to me. It was in in a cellophane -sealed packet.
It was not easily visible through the packet, so the mould was only noticed when the pack was opened. It was a major, well-known manufacturer of cards and envelopes.
It should be said that mould spores are probably drifting past you at this very minute, - there are trillions of them out there !
It just needs a bit of moisture in the air or damp, and the paper or textile is flourishes on becomes the nutrient.
So not surprising that some gets onto the products we buy and use. Storage, and the process of manufacturing /packaging all play their part in reducing the chances of seeing it when goods are delivered, but nothing is perfect or foolproof.