Negative Feedback Removed

That does sound terrible. And very Rude. Im just sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience.

2 Likes

The fact that you still seem upset by the whole experience says it all to me, I would want to know about that sort of service in the feedback regardless of whether a refund had been given (and I still think that folksy should have checked with you before removing the feedback). Issues with the postal service are beyond our control but being polite and helpful to customers is something we can and should do (regardless of what might be going on in our lives) and that did not happen in this case.

3 Likes

I said what Iā€™d do personally and I would still have done the same thing. Iā€™d never order something that is time sensitive ie not allow plenty of time, and taking into account that sometimes the Royal Mail can mess up and never deliver or deliver lateā€¦ This is the reason Iā€™d never order a time sensitive item off the internet but maybe thatā€™s just me.

Iā€™d never blame the seller but chalk it up to must order earlier next time or go to a bricks and mortar shop.

A seller can never guarantee when and if an order will arrive on time. When we run into those difficulties the best we can do is refund the customer, once the Roya Mail consider the item officially lost.

Itā€™s a pity your seller didnā€™t respond quicker but maybe they didnā€™t see your inquiring emails or not see them in time.

The seller clearly felt it was best to refund as the item hadnā€™t arrived which was the right thing to do. What else was she able to do but refund you for the lost in the mail item? Sorry but it happens items do get lost in the post and they also get delayed in the post. Itā€™s the chance we take when we order from the internet. Most of the time things arrive all safe and sound and in good time but thereā€™s always the occasional time that packages get lost or appear to take the longer route.

Christmas time one of my items never arrived at my Customerā€™s address. So the only thing I could do was refund her which I did.

Iā€™m wondering what else did you want the seller to do than refund you for the lost package, did you want her to send you a free gift as well? I mean apart from answering enquires a bit quicker.

At least with your money refunded you had a chance to find another present without being out of pocket. Had she not refunded when she did and ask you to wait a few more days you would have even less time to find another present.

Iā€™m guess Iā€™m trying to understand what more you wanted the seller to do when The seller realized the item was looking like it was ā€˜lost in transitā€™ and she needed to refund you.

2 Likes

From what you said I donā€™t think you can have read my post @EileensCraftStudio I never said the seller did not respond. The item was not lost in the post - they kept saying they posted it but refused to tell me when. If you feel this seller offered good customer service I am not going to dispute this with you.

I was referring to the fact the seller didnā€™t message you to say sheā€™d seen your note to seller sorry if I wasnā€™t clear.

So youā€™re basically saying you think the Seller lied to you when they said the item had been sent, if thatā€™s true I can image youā€™d be a bit annoyed, but you canā€™t be sure the seller lied.

Iā€™m still wondering what you wanted the seller to do beside refund you, as youā€™ve not said what you think the seller should have done besides refunding. To make things better for you. What would you have the seller do?

Perhaps be efficient in the first place, or let Angela know she couldnā€™t produce the goods in time?

7 Likes

I have one very old negative, which I accepted at the time. Item didnā€™t turn up, I kept in contact with the buyer and promptly refunded after a reasonable length of time as it wasnā€™t something I could remake and resend. It got returned to me marked undeliverable about two months later, her address couldnā€™t be found apparently. Having a negative hasnā€™t caused me any issues, I donā€™t see why people feel the need to get them removed unless they contain something inflammatory.

2 Likes

I know why people get upset if they get a negative itā€™s because they put their heart and soul into what they create. Itā€™s their creativity, blood, sweat and tears so getting anything but lovely feedback can be soul destroying. Even worse when itā€™s due to being out of their control and due to a third party ie courier or royal mail.

Iā€™ve never had negative feedback but once I got a strange comment with positive feedback on ebay. Where a woman lambasted me for selling vintage buttons to her 8year old, but then how was I to know her 8 year old had used her account. She could of messaged me and explained, Iā€™d of been happy to cancel the transaction. I found that upsetting and even offered to refund her if sheā€™d send the buttons back to me. I never did hear anything back from her. I remember how upset I was at the time.

The problem here seems to be the complete lack of communication from the seller to the customer, and that is something that really gets me. Worst case, the customer should get the automated email when you mark their item as shipped. Personally, I prefer to send an email after receiving an order to confirm a definite posting day and to say they will get the automated email when itā€™s on itā€™s way. If what youā€™re sending has to be made, I think the confirmation email with a definite posting day is essential to reassure the customer that you are going to do what you say in your listing (there should be a rough timeframe for a made to order there). There is no excuse for leaving a customer hanging and wondering if their item is sent, or even made.

6 Likes

Thanks @JoSara

To @EileensCraftStudio
Sorry if my post was not clear - I thought it was. My issue was not the non-delivery of the item. It was they way my order was dealt with.

1. I placed an order - in my note to the seller I said it was a present.
  2. Almost a week passed - 6 days - order not marked as dispatched - no communication from seller.
  3. Contacted seller - said they had posted it but refused to tell me when.
  4. All I wanted to know was when it was posted - they refused to tell me - all I got was vague statements that told me nothing.
  5. Cancelled my order abruptly and told me to buy elsewhere.

My issue is when I contacted them to query the order they just would not give me a straight answer - that was all I wanted. I did not want a free gift, I did not want compensation. I wanted honesty.

If you contacted a seller and asked them a question about your order and all you got was a series of vague emails with confusing information and no answers would you not be frustrated? That is my issue - plus the abrupt cancellation.

I donā€™t think it is unreasonable to ask a seller to give me some clue when my item was posted. I realise people are busy but I think that is a very basic question and they just would not answer it.

Also if a buyer told you something was a present would you not make a special effort?

5 Likes

I think we should have a bit when leaving feedback a little like the well known auction site. Where by you can rate the communication with the seller.

2 Likes

I see what you are saying vagueness is never a good way to go either for a Buyer or a Seller. It leaves everyone confused and frustrated and not knowing whatā€™s happening.

Sorry you had a frustrating time.

2 Likes

Thanks @EileensCraftStudio I really hope I am not being too whiny and sound as if I am throwing my toys out of the pram :wink: I just want people to understand that I had a bad customer experience and that giving someone a full refund is not always some kind of magic wand that makes all the bad stuff go away :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see why you were upset and wanted to leave negative feedback and I think it was probably fair to do so. I do feel it should be pointed out though that "notes to the seller " are not very obvious. It is easy to see an order in your dashboard, check paypal for payment received and process the order without ever clicking on the ā€œview orderā€ button. I have in the past almost missed some customers requests such as - I need this by Friday, could you gift wrap etc etc. Fortunately 99% of my items are ready to go and time I send them first class the same or next day. I have often wished that ā€œnote to sellerā€ was more obvious. I do try and check it now having been caught out a couple of times.

3 Likes

Totally! I often buy things after reading negative reviews. It seems counter-intuitive but they often tell you a lot about what you are buying, for example, Iā€™m buying foundation and a reviewer states that it was ineffective on their skin because there wasnā€™t enough oil in the base-Now I know this is the one for me because I have oily skin! A rapturous review by somebody else which did not mention that fact would not have given me so much information. Itā€™s all a matter of perspective :smile:

Sam x

7 Likes