New items not appearing in list

Has anyone else noticed that when you list a new item, it doesn’t appear on the front page or anywhere else on the “new items on Folksy’ list? It’s only been happening this last week. I’ve noticed it a few times and wondered why.

1 Like

I listed a ballet tutu this morning and it’s nowhere to be found - I’ve looked under new listings and I’ve seached for ballet and tutu and pink tutu and doll’s clothes but it’s not there. Very strange.

I had trouble with re-listing this morning, but it seems to be alright now.

Yes Martine, at the end of last week, I noticed the same thing. If I listed or relisted, I couldn’t see it anywhere on the front page. I haven’t checked today but I am adding a new item this afternoon, so I will see what happens then.

I just listed a new pair of hearts and they showed up on the front under “The newest items on Folksy” so seems OK now.

Yes Martine, I’m glad someone else has noticed this! I listed something new a few days ago. It didn’t appear in the newest items on Folksy section on the front page so I clicked through to the new items page and it wasn’t there. I scrolled through quite a few pages - nothing! I was baffled. It was a brand new listing, not a relist and I was a bit miffed that it wasn’t showing up.

It’s worked ok for me today so I think it must be an intermittent thing but it’s not very good really.

Yes it’s been working for me most of the time but several times in the last week the item has totally missing. Just thought I would mention it in case there’s a blip in the system.

I’ve added this thread to the Folksy issues category.

Thanks Helen x

@dougfolksy, do you have any idea why new items are sometimes not appearing in the newest items on Folksy section on the front page or anywhere in the new items pages? It’s not happening all the time but it has happened to some of us a few times recently. These are brand new listings, not re-lists, and they’re just not showing up. Seems to be an intermittent problem.

Hi, yes I have noticed the same thing as well. I had a couple of items which I relisted (only listed once before) and they didn’t show up anywhere on the first page. It used to be that it would still show if an item had been relisted a couple of times but not after that. Only new items xx

1 Like

Hi – sorry there seems to have been a hiccough when some people are listing.
Would you be able to give me a link to an item (or a few) in question?
The first thing for me to try would be to simulate relisting a couple to make sure they appear where they should.
And, if possible, could you let me know when the issue occurred? Even roughly?
And thank you so much for letting us know there’s something we need to investigate, here!

Thanks Doug - there have been a few over the last week or so but the one I noticed yesterday didn’t seem to appear anywhere - I tried searching for it using lots of different key words and it was nowhere to be seen on any of the newly listed pages. It didn’t matter as such - it was in my shop and has now sold but I just thought I ought to mention it, as there is obviously something going slightly wrong with the system. Here’s the link to the item that didn’t show yesterday and thanks very much for your help. Martine

Sorry Doug @dougfolksy I’ve been listing every day so I can’t remember which items it was I had issues with. It’s happened a couple of times - both during the last 4-5 days. Not much help I know.

Thanks for that @MaisyMuffin.
And no worries @PocketfulCreations, there’s no reasonable expectation that you could remember those sorts of details – I was just hoping somebody might!
I’m looking into this to see if I can get an idea of what the issue might be – it’s tricky with these transitory issues.
If it happens with any listings again, could you let us know when and which item?
It’s a really good idea to let support know about these things, too – they’re generally the best informed about the current state of things and are experts at collating disparate bits of info to help me solve issues!
And thanks again for letting us know – I shall continue my investigations!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Thanks Doug.

It’s happening again this morning. I’ve listed two new items and they are not showing up in their categories (or on the front page) and do not appear in searches.

The newly listed item feed at the bottom of the page is also not updating. Items change in the “listed x minutes ago” spot on the home page but if you go to the category that those items are listed in they do not appear there.

I had used the copy listing feature to list my two new items this morning and wondered if it had something to do with that so I copied and pasted one of them into a brand new listing instead but it made no difference.

My two new listings that aren’t showing up are:

Doug @dougfolksy, please see info from Melanie in the post above which might help.