New items not updating

I’ve noticed during the morning that the ‘newest items’ section on the front page hasn’t changed at all. I have re listed a few things and none of them show when I click on the ‘see more’ button and the same stuff is there that was there 2 hours ago…
Is something wrong @Folksyadmin ?

1 Like

I’m noticing this again too. It seems to be a recurring problem, it happened earlier in the week and I reported it to @folksyadmin

This has happened a few times over the last couple of months. There was a thread about it a while back too. I just can’t remember what it was called. I know it was raised because people were finding that brand new listings that were uploaded while this problem was happening, weren’t showing up anywhere - either in the newly listed section or in the category they were listed in.

Found it.

Rats!!! my new listing is not showing up anywhere either, I just typed in my complete title for the item and it doesn’t come up at all in the search. Oh boy it’s hard enough to get things viewed without this happening again.

@dougfolksy, I know you looked into this issue last time, so could you check it out again please, as it seems to be happening again. I haven’t listed anything new today but it sounds like it’s happened to quite a few other people. Thanks.

email urgent@folksy.com so that they know about it (and fix it) before everyone goes home for the weekend

Just listed a new item and not showing up so won’t list anymore until it’s sorted. Just my luck now it’s a bit cooler.

I found it was playing up the other day. The page would go blank. But when I checked my shop, it did update.

Hi – sorry that some people have seen issues with this.
I’ve been around our servers and have restarted some services in case there are any lingering problems and everything seems to be running well.
I’ll keep checking in to make sure we’re all good.
Thanks,
Doug.

1 Like

That’s great, thank you.

Oh not at all – thank you for letting us know when there are problems! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Doug,
I relisted items and listed a new item and they are not showing up again on newly listed items.

Morning, I just listed a new purse and couldn’t find it anywhere in the ‘New Listings’ section on the front page. I scrolled down to page 10 after listing straight away and no sign of it.

This purse:

It’s popped up on my sellers you follow bit, but if I search for it I can’t find it!

This happened to me the other day when I was checking where my greenman items appeared, even when I’d included the keywords I was searching for in the listings, the listing didn’t show up in the results.

1 Like

Thanks for checking and confirming Sarah @SarahDesignsUK. Just listed another purse and that is now showing. Just a glitch which I guess is going to be a hard fix.

Hmm. Thanks everyone.
It’s working now but I can confirm that the purse @LifeCovers gave as an example wasn’t in the search index. I re-saved the item and it put itself in the index when I did so things are working as they should, now.
So I guess there was a period of time this morning when it was struggling.
I’ve been looking into this and have a plan of attack that I should get to this week, starting with a process to monitor and trap the issue when it occurs.
Thanks so much, once more, for letting us know about these issues and supplying us with details that help us diagnose them!
Doug.

1 Like

This seems to be happening again. The things I listed first thing this morning are still at the top of the list. This is one of them…

Things I’ve listed since are not showing, either under new listings or the relevant category.

It has been doing it for a few days now for me.

Yes I have noticed it for the last three mornings.