Newly listed items not showing on home page?

Hi - is anyone else seeing this? I’ve just listed two items, but neither are showing on the home page under ‘newest items’ - or when I click through to ‘see more’. The two items are showing in my shop, but if I try searching for them from the home page they don’t show: either searching for a keyword or by searching for the item title.

The Newest Items section on the home page seems to be stuck showing the same things?

@folksycontent @dougfolksy

Thank you!

1 Like

It seems to happen every day lately - it needs fixing properly @dougfolksy

Yes - just seen another post on the forum with people saying its been getting stuck all week! :frowning:

There is already a thread about this…it’s happening every day now.

Yes, I’ve had the same problem this morning

It’s still not working.

I have had it happening the last week. Not much point in the plus account for me so hope it gets sorted.

This is so frustrating…I have just renewed my Plus account too…

Of all the problems that tend to crop up, I find this the most worrying, as items affected don’t show up in searches, categories or anywhere. They are pretty much invisible.

I’ve noticed numerous posts recently, highlighting that this has happened again but I haven’t seen any responses @dougfolksy, is there any news on this issue?

I’ve just listed a brand new item and it’s not showing up anywhere, not even in categories.

There is another thread about this issue in the forum. It seems to be a daily occurrence at the moment. Doug is aware of it and working on the problem so I understand.
@dougfolksy do you have an update for us?

@dougfolksy is this problem also in some way associated with tagging. Just added two listings and gave them the same tag so I could select them together but clicking my tag is not working. I’ve even tried a different new tag and it won’t work.
eg https://folksy.com/items/7178632-Tropical-Fish-Suncatcher-Stained-Glass-Handmade-Blue-020
and https://folksy.com/items/7178632-Tropical-Fish-Suncatcher-Stained-Glass-Handmade-Turquoise-021
tag = joysofglass stained glass fish
but I can’t find either of these two listings with any tag or search whatsoever.

I’ve messaged Support as Urgent in case it has more serious implications about search. There’s also a new topic about this tagging problem.

I don’t think the ‘newly listed’ on the front page has changed at all today…
I suspect nothing will be sorted out until Monday at the earliest which is not good…
:disappointed_relieved:

I think this is broken again. I have just relisted some items and they are not showing in the newly listed section… @dougfolksy

I think I had the same problem yesterday. And at one point ‘newly llisted’ didn’t seem to be changing at all.

It seems to be working now…

1 Like

@dougfolksy looks like this is happening again. Listed some items about 15 mins ago but no where to be seen…

@dougfolksy its still happening. I just listed these earrings and they are not showing up in the search results or on the newly listed items

please give the system a kicking for me.

Yes definitely stuck again - this has happened a few times lately.

Duly kicked!
I’d put a monitoring/restarting script in place for the time being, too, but obviously needed to increase the granularity of when it runs. I’ve just done that so hopefully this issue should stop inconveniencing any of you until I can get into the guts of the server responsible.
Sorry about the inconvenience, there, and thanks so much, once again, for letting us know!
Doug.

1 Like