Folksy Ltd

New policy from Paypal

Here is a link to a new policy Paypal are bringing in. https://www.techspot.com/news/79545-paypal-new-refund-policy-has-sellers-up-arms.html

I know a few people on here often give partial refunds through Paypal for postage costs and this could have an impact on them.

Paypal are not going to refund the sellers Paypal fees on the amount they have refunded to the buyer.

1 Like

I’ve been expecting this for a while. A nuisance that we could do without! I often refund postage when customers have paid over and above as it’s not always easy to work out beforehand.

1 Like

@plumporridge I have been reading the Paypal policies and it looks like it is already in force?

I have just copied this from the Paypal questions

If a refund I send is accepted, are the fees from the original transaction credited to my account?

You can refund the entire amount of a transaction or portions of it. The default refund period is 180 days from the transaction date.

If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

Thanks for sharing! Worth being aware of.

1 Like

I believe it is already like this in the US, but I did a refund at the beginning of the month and there was definitely a fee reversal, so not here yet.

1 Like