Renewing listings

This isn’t an issue as such, but I’m wondering if this has changed. I have a plus account and renewed three pages of listings that were due to expire next week.

I thought that renewed items didn’t appear in the “new listings” category on the home page, but these did. Has this always been the case? If not, has this change perhaps contributed to the current site problems? I renewed about 60 listings in just a few seconds. If the site thinks they’re all new, won’t that play havoc with available memory/running capacity/whatever the correct term is?

I find that when I relist they don’t show on the front page in the newest items but if you click on see more, then my items show.

When I renewed listings I noticed that one in particular coming up on the home page as a new listing, so I wondered if it was some sort of blip that only affected certain listings, making the system think they’re new.

Just tested it as wondered if it maybe happens with recently listed items and I noticed another one also came up. Both are items were made within the last month - though didn’t see others listed within the same timescale.

Very strange.

I think not all listings are shown in the newly listed section - if you relist lots you may get one showing up. Think its so the section isn’t flooded by one seller.

It’s weird, as all of my relisted items showed up on the newly listed items section. Yes, I had to go past the Folksy homepage and click on “see more” to see them, but all of them showed there and not one of them was a new listing.

The reason I looked is a friend of mine noticed one maker appearing every single day in the new items list with multiple items, and she wondered how they could make so much so fast. It appears based on my experience that they’re relisting, not making new items. Nothing wrong with relisting, but I thought those items didn’t show up in the new items list, that’s all.

Admin have come back to me - apparently it’s always been like this, I haven’t noticed before, that’s all. It’s nothing to do with the problems we’ve been having with images as they’re stored on a different server, so hey ho, it’s just me not paying attention!!