No confirmatory email re payment from Stripe

I’ve had an order, but I haven’t had the confirmatory email from Stripe - what does that mean? Do I send it out anyway and hope for the best?

Sarah

Have you logged into your Stripe account. That should tell you if there is a problem with the payment or pending to be transferred to you.

Have you opted in to receiving payment confirmation emails from Stripe? They don’t automatically send them unless you’ve checked the appropriate box on your profile. You can always log into your stripe account to double check that the money is there but if it is showing as paid on your folksy dashboard you are good to post the order out.

I’ve had payment confirmation emails in the past, so assumed they would continue…

I’ve just tried to log into my Stripe account, but - as I haven’t logged in for ages - it’s asking me to respond to their email, which I’m not receiving either. So something seems to have gone wrong somewhere.

Hey ho, just what I wanted to spend my free day doing.

I just replied on the other thread you posted on … along the same lines as @SashaGarrett!

If all else fails and you can’t access your Stripe account, this link contains another link to an account recovery form (at the bottom of the page, but I’d try the other methods on the link first, if that’s possible).
https://support.stripe.com/questions/log-into-your-stripe-account-without-a-two-step-authentication-device-or-recovery-code

It looks like the problem is nothing to do with Stripe after all - it was an issue with my email server which was stopping mail getting through. Hopefully it’s sorted now…

Thanks for all your help and advice!

1 Like

Glad it’s sorted. Nothing ruins your day quite like a technical glitch. Technology is so irritating!

Oh, I had one of those the other day and it really threw me out trying to work out what was going on! Glad it’s all Ok now.