No paypal payment for order

I received an order from a customer this morning and only got a Folksy notification saying I had made a sale and it’s saying paid in my folksy account , but no paypal notification. I have checked my paypal account and there is nothing there. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you sort it out ?

thanks

Suzanne :o)

If I remember rightly, payments don’t go through PayPal. They go to Folksy and then they get paid directly to your bank account after so long :blush:

No, all my payments for Folksy sales come to my Paypal account. But, some sellers also have Stripe. Have you signed up for Stripe @WashedandFound ?

@plumporridge I’ve never heard of stripe, i think that’s how I got paid, but i didn’t sign up for it. Maybe it’s just automatic, it was better actually, I didn’t have PayPal fees to pay

Of course !! Id forgotten about that but when I had a customer pay by credit card once before I got a stripe notification or something to say I’d received a payment. I will check my account, thanks for reminding me …doh!! :smiley:

1 Like

No that is Stripe. Paypal goes directly to your paypal account or it should.

I see Suzanne has probably sorted it and it was presumably a Stripe payment which would explain why the money would not be in Paypal. I only use Paypal so don’t have that question.

yes I’d completely forgotten I had an alternative payment method - only one other person has used this so far. I checked and the money is going to be sent direct to my bank account :+1:

1 Like

There is a setting on the Stripe dashboard so you get a notification e-mail when you get a payment.

If you click on your profile (top right corner) and scroll down to notifications, you can set it to send you an e-mail to confirm a successful payment has been received from a customer.

Thanks Alison - I shall definitely be altering the settings :blush:

2 Likes