No South Korea in the country list? and what about UK custom duties?

Hello everyone,

I have just registered and I have some questions.
First, how come South Korea isn’t in the registration drop-down menu?
I spend half my time there and the other half in France, so I’d like to know if it’s a problem for becoming a seller.

My 2nd question is about UK custom duties. I am a seller on Etsy, and I’ve have a few surprises with shipping to the UK. I don’t understand when duties are due, or how much they are supposed to be.
Could anyone selling from outside the UK give me some advice?

Thanks in advance for your help
Jean

My understanding is that this site only has UK sellers.

Kim
x

Yes, I have just read that.

Sorry I spent 1 hour on the site before discovering that…

Goodbye and good luck to all

To be fair to Folksy, if you look at the page What is Folksy and Terms of Use, it’s quite clear that it’s a site for UK sellers only.

You can still buy from Folksy if you wanted to though!

1 Like

Why, did I blame Folksy? eyes rolling 9_9 …
It’s just so unusual nowadays to see country-restricted sites that it’s not something you expect

It’s one of the features that attracts a lot of people to Folksy that it’s UK based. It means we can buy fairly locally, support small businesses in our own country and to a large extent, reduce air miles (though I know sellers here do have overseas sales). I don’t buy from Etsy unless it’s from UK sellers, so a UK based site is ideal for me.

2 Likes

Folksy ethos is to showcase British Crafters/Designers so sorry you missed that while you were researching the Information of this site.

I hope you find just the right place for your shop and all the best. :smile:

Aside from the UK based seller thing … not all countries are in the drop down menu because not all countries can buy from Folksy.

I sold something to someone in Israel but they put their country as UK because it’s not in the list. I guess South Korea is also not on the list.

Hi Jean,

If you are not resident in UK, then you are not eligible to register as a Folksy seller. The Folksy T & C’s say that you must be a British Resident to Sell on Folksy. Buyers are welcome from anywhere in the world.

Perhaps you might like to try Etsy instead - they accept sellers worldwide.

Good luck,

Lizzie