Orders Not Paid

hi,
i contact them once and then if no response after 24 hours, i cancel the order.
in the past, people have usually got back in touch - either to pay, or say they no longer want item.
when i contact them i ask if they need any help etc and say if i don’t hear from them i will cancel the order.

hope this helps.

4 Likes

I had one on Friday too…I contacted the person and had no reply, so I have cancelled the sale and put the item back in my shop…

I had one on Friday, too. I sent her a message, got no reply and cancelled it after 24 hours. It was particularly annoying as it had only just been chosen for Folksy Favourites so was taken from view for much of the weekend. This is only the second time a “buyer” hasn’t replied to me. So rude and inconsiderate…

I had one on Thursday. Given that I don’t sell much it was a shame but I had no response to an email enquiring whether they had had a problem with the checkout process so I cancelled the order - such a pity.
Ali
Edit: By way of compensation, I’ve now sold two pieces since - happy days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had an order today for one of my sausage dog coasters but I’m still awaiting payment :frowning: quite disappointing as it’s only my 4th sale…still hoping they will pay x

If they still haven’t paid then you Need to email them. Ask if they reaslise they haven’t paid and if so have they had a problem and can you help.
Point them at the payment link in the email they got from Folksy and emphasie the link only works for 24 hours. As long as the order is in place they can;t go back in and do it again as it is now out of stock / reserved against the order. Most customers don’t realise this and if they do try again after a payment problem think they;re too late and someone else bought it first.

If it is a payment problem suggest that you can send them a Paypal invoice which usually avoids the problems,

Apologies for typos but my right hand fingers are mainly Dead at the moment and keep hitting thge wrong buttons.

3 Likes

I emailed my customer this morning and she had problems at checkout…all resolved now so happy days :smile:

9 Likes

So annoyed, I had an order from a lady in Portugal but hasn’t paid. I emailed her but no reply. I’m annoyed because it would have been my first sale this month. Been very quiet. Hey ho, carry on making I suppose, oh and promoting of course!

Hi Claire,
That’s really frustrating isn’t it. I wonder if she had problems at checkout like my customer on Monday?? (Managed to sort that eventually) But I guess it isn’t that easy when it’s overseas - maybe she only speaks Portuguese?
Deep breath and keep going - you’ve got some lovely things in your shop :slight_smile:
Di

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, maybe she doesn’t understand the email I sent! Never mind, I’ll move on! Glad yours was sorted out.

Anyone else having problems with people paying for orders at the moment I had two yesterday one I have emailed the customer but have had no reply so I don’t know if they had a problem paying or not I also had one earlier this month

It’s so frustrating Jennie when you don’t get a reply isn’t it? I had a sale last night and payment came through ok but earlier in the month I had an ‘awaiting payment’ but a couple of hours later payment came through so I don’t know if it was a paypal problem.

Hello
I have had a couple of ‘awaiting payment’ for my orders seems a bit of a coincidence we all have had the same thing happen I am wondering if there is a problem with Paypal and Folksy connection.

@LoveBubbles
There is a known problem at the PayPal end which PayPal are working on fixing. When a buyer is at the checkout there is info informing them what they need to do in the meantime. I’ll see if I can find it for you…

http://talk.folksy.com/t/i-lost-a-sale-yesterday-because-the-customer-doesnt-use-paypal/10693/89

This isn’t acceptable lots of people have lost money, and I contacted Folksy Admin myself and spoke to you and you told me there wasn’t a problem now you are saying that there is.

Had another 2 orders not paid this week

Oh that’s really frustrating Jennie, I still can’t understand why it shows up in your dashboard as sold when they haven’t been paid for. To me they are not bought until they are paid for so why can’t Folksy sort that out. I have got about three pieces of jewellery on my items sold page that aren’t actually sold because they stay there even after you have cancelled everything.

I know it is frustrating I have emailed the customers but no reply I don’t know if it is the right thing to do to email as the customers might think its spam if they decided not to go through with the order

I just email them once and ask if they had trouble at checkout or if they just changed their mind, if I don’t here anything from them I then cancel the order the next day. I know what you mean though I don’t like having to contact potential customers, it does feel like spam.

I notice these items still show up in your sold goods too, even when you have returned them back to the shop - I.e. I have sold 9 items but 10 items appear when you click on sold - very frustrating! As if it’s not disappointing enough In the first place, it’s like a permanent reminder! :grimacing:

1 Like