Packaging - how do you package yours?

I had some from eBay, I won’t buy again!

1 Like

I found some instructions on line - not these ones but they are the same and these look easier to follow http://en.origami-club.com/traditional/box1/box1/box1.gif , I’ve made so many now that I don’t need instructions any more. If you make the side length of the starting squares 1cm different (eg an 8 cm and a 9 cm square) then the top and bottom fit snuggly, I use 160gsm card and I can get 3 complete boxes (top and bottom) from 1 sheet of A4 but that will depend on how big you make them.
Sasha

1 Like

Thank you very much Sasha :slight_smile: You are very kind! This is really easy to follow instruction!

1 Like

I purchase my organza bags from Islepac from their online shop, Loads of colours and 3 different sizes. Great quality and fast delivery.

Just what I’ve been looking for! Really helpful, thank you.

1 Like

I package all of my items in a coloured organza bag with a “handmade in the UK” tag, this is then wrapped in colourful tissue paper sealed with branded stickers, then popped into a padded envelope with

quirky stamps inked over it and a branded address label - customers seem to like it :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m too late to come to this party. I make art from stuff others discard. Whenever possible I try not to use anything new, if something from the bin could be used instead. I wrap my items in tissue paper from clothes and shoe boxes etc. I then protect/stiffen with some cereal box. After this I use old magazines and sew an envelope. Plus, I always write a little thank you to the Postie. So far, nothing has been lost in the post!!

1 Like

When I used to make clothing and textile accessories I used to sew stiff brown paper as wrapping :slight_smile:
In the last few years I have mainly sold glass and my emphasis has moved towards protecting items. Jewellery usually goes in an organza bag which is then bubble wrapped so no longer looks glam. Other items are wrapped in card or bubble wrap for security. I might look into some new boxes though.
I, too, have just wrapped a parcel and forgot to put a card in, doh!

This is an example for those who haven’t see it yet of how I packaged one of my handmade cards. It was made from a cardboard box and some recycled gift wrapping, glue and lace. I wanted to protect the card and make it pretty as it was going straight to the birthday girl rather than my customer.

This was then placed inside a recycled bubble jiffy bag.