Photo error on upload

Hi, I am quite new to Folksy. I have been listing a few pieces but now I am just getting a photo error message every time I try to upload. Anyone else having the same problem. Its doing it on all my devices, so didn’t know if it is a bug.
I could also do with some advice on traffic, no really getting any views. I’ve a 3 shops on Etsy, and I know they take a while to get going but there isn’t anything at all.
Thank you :slight_smile:

People have been reporting this issue in the FB groups - Folksy have identified an issue with their image service provider which is being fixed.

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, welcome to the Folksy community! I think there’s an issue with photos at the moment - we just need to be patient and hope it’ll be fixed soon. As regards traffic, this platform has practically no built-in traffic compared with E, it’s much smaller and less well known, so we have to work harder to build a following and bring viewers and buyers to our own shops. It’s taken me a year to build up anything that feels like traction (and that’s after 15 years on E). There are lots of forum posts with ideas if you do a quick search - Instagram is used by a lot of sellers, ditto Facebook - I try to do the ‘Folksy Friday’ promotion regularly in hopes that if enough of us promote other people’s listings they may in turn help to promote ours… it fosters goodwill anyway…

and I’d certainly recommend taking part in the Folksy market events, the last one was really good for me in terms of sales and traffic and there are two more coming up Join our Christmas 2023 events | Folksy Blog

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realise, I thought it was much the same as E. I’ll check out the the marketing stuff :slight_smile: I do need to be doing more social media stuff too.
Thank you

Still not working!

1 Like

Just came to check, still out for me too :flushed:

Same, still not working for me either.

Oh another day of trying to get my shop up and running again and another day of being unable to upload photos. Nothing changes does it :roll_eyes:

Please fix this @Folksyadmin - I’m about to list my Christmas collection!

1 Like

Photos still not working :unamused:

Still not working this morning!

1 Like

It wasn’t working for me yesterday, but I just managed to successfully upload an image to one of my products.

I couldn’t upload yesterday, but have done so this morning. Thanks to whoever sorted it out - and hope it works for other too. I am using a desktop pc.

Just tried to add a photo to an existing listing and it is still the same for me as it was yesterday, i.e. nothing happened - the circle went round and round for a minute or so and then just vanished, no error message. I’ve managed ok for a few days but now I really need to restock and my items are mostly one-offs, so this is an annoying delay right when I was finally starting to get sales… Time to email Support I guess!

OK I’ve messaged them to see whether anyone can give us an update as to whether f’r example it’s a particular browser, file type or operating system that’s still causing problems. Fingers crossed it’s sorted before the weekend.

It’s a problem with the image service provider and it seems it is affecting more than just Folksy - f’r instance there are glitches with photos on the E-place today that may well be from the same root cause - so we need to sit tight and be patient! Uploading small images one at a time on a desktop seems to be the best bet, and those of us with outdated operating systems should probably update them… self included. I have managed to get the occasional photo to load today, so things are looking up!

Still getting photo error messages. Was able to create one new listing and that was it. Please fix this ongoing issue.

@shcwoodturning @heatherandhome Unfortunately this one is out of our control, the issue is with the company we use for our images, they have had a major outage which is affecting sites worldwide, and for us this means there are issues with photo uploads. They have been working to restore the affected services over the past day and things are gradually improving, but they’re not fully fixed yet.

Since last night we’ve seen that images are successfully uploading now, but it appears some users are still having issues with this.
Unfortunately we don’t have enough information to know if there is a pattern to what is/isn’t uploading, but from our own experience uploading through the site is currently more successful than the app, and loading images one at a time is working better than multiples. If you’re still getting errors this way, we would recommend trying on a different device. We hope it won’t be too much longer until their services are fully restored and uploading is back to normal no matter what method is used.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to when the service is fully back.

Shane