Photos still not loading :-(

Hi All

I have recently returned to my shop and have read many threads regarding the migration of Folksy and photos not loading. I am a little confused (not hard nowadays). What do I need to do to resolve this issue? Search engine is Safari and even less pics through Chrome! Can anyone help please?

@dougfolksy @folksycontent could you look at them for her ?

I can see from the source code that some photos are coming from a different source whereas all mine come from the delivery.net address

Have the missing photos not been converted properly. ?
@noticeableknots would be a good idea to email Support about this

1 Like

Thank you for the speedy response. I do re-size all photos before uploading but I will email support as advised.

Many thanks - Tracey

If the images show with a little flower icon rather than as a broken image, this likely means they were originally uploaded in the wrong format.

Although we officially only accept images in jpg and png format, if you tried uploading some other file types (such as tiff) our old image service may have successfully uploaded these in the past. Unfortunately the new image service is much stricter and can’t accept these, which means any listings which had managed to upload in these other formats previously, weren’t able to migrate successfully due to being the wrong filetype.

If you still have the images you used stored on your device, please try saving them as jpgs and uploading again. If you no longer have the images, contact support and we may be able to get the original tiff images back to you to convert and reupload, but this will only be an option for a limited time.

Now that makes a lot of sense.

Hi

Thank you so much - explains a lot. :smiley:

Hi

Thanks for all your help and advice. I have today converted and re-uploaded the .tiff images and all is well again. xx

2 Likes

All my photos are in jpg format but still won’t load. I don’t have a problem uploading on any other website. Am I missing something?

@BAANBEYOND Please can you send an example of one of the photos you’re trying to upload that isn’t working to support@folksy.co.uk.

It would also help us to know if you’re trying to upload photos on the website or the app.

Hi Dani
You are pretty local to me :slight_smile: Love your mouse.
Your christmas tree photo is quite obviously not square. It is portrait 1 x 2.
On Folksy they need to be square to look right.
What size are you trying to load.

PS did you actually mean to add a surcharge to your listing price ? :slight_smile:

Hi Joy, I might just struggle with a square photo for the tree but thanks for the tip. I’m not sure what surcharge you are referring to?

Hi Kim. The photos are loading on my iPhone it’s just a problem with loading on my laptop. It’s great to know that Folksy sellers have such an excellent support
Enjoy your day
Dani

You have given a discount. Your discount is negative so you are charging more than your listed price.

Ah I see you have removed the discount now… Much better :slight_smile:

Not my error Joy, I did notice that

I’ve just tried adding a listing and my photos won’t load, I’ve had no problem adding photos of the same size/shape any other day. @kimfolksy
I’m using microsoft edge

1 Like

I am having the same problem right now. Never in the past, and the last time I listed was last week…

I have also problem…I think they have again problem…hope so they will fix it soon.

We are aware of the issue with listing photos at the moment. Our image service provider is currently having problems with image uploads, which is affecting all of their customers. They’re currently working to fix this and we hope it’ll be working as normal soon.

3 Likes

@BAANBEYOND We still haven’t received anything from you to support, if you’re not able to upload images to Folksy using your laptop, please can you email us an example of one of the images you’re trying to upload, what operating system and version you’re laptop is using, what browser and version you’re using, and if applicable, a screenshot that shows the error/issue.
I’m afraid we won’t be able to help find the issue without these further details.

Although it may need to wait until after this larger issue has resolved as at the moment errors will come up anyway because of this.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try again tomorrow.

1 Like