Pinterest help please

It looks like you can edit any pins you have added using the pin button on a website and change the title and description, but anything you have repinned through Pinterest can only have a note added.

1 Like

Hi Kim, thanks for looking at my page and for replying.

That is so weird, I mean the fact that you see my handpainted stuff board as no. 3. It should be there at the top, the first one after “all pins”, which is where I see it. That’s really a mystery. :thinking: The only thing I can think of is that maybe you see it in a chronological order, even if I gave it a different order. But why? (Rhetorical question)

I might look again for some videos with tips and “how tos”. Though, it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Hi Alison, thank you, also for the follow on P!

Meanwhile, if anybody is interested, I have found this on the Folksy blog. I’ll read them when I have a minute. In case someone else wants to have a look:

Out of interest, does anyone else do Pinterest ads? I set up a business account and started a few small ads for paintings. They do seem to create ‘saves’ and ‘clickthrough’ at a reasonable rate (we are talking about 1%, which I thought was rubbish but from research it seems is ok!). No sales in particular yet that I can link to them, but it’s interesting to see that they do definitely drive traffic as I can look at the stats and see individual views of that item on the linked page. As I’m not trading in person and spending money on stall fees I thought I’d give it a go…

1 Like

@FluffStuffCrafts Unfortunately not for me. The majority of my pins were made using the pin button on Folksy, and when I try to edit them I only get the option to change board and section and turn off comments. No sign of a description or title, I only get that on the rare pin I created from scratch.

I’m not sure if it’d work differently on a phone, sometimes apps and websites let you do things differently, and I’m just using my computer.

Hi! I found this video about using hashtags on Pinterest if it helps :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you Katrina!! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for posting the video. I’ve been using just a couple of hashtags but wasn’t sure if I was meant to or not so now I know! :+1:

1 Like