Questions about Pinteresting

Hello, just a few questions about Pinterest, if you will indulge a newbie :wink:

I already have a personal Pinterest account, do those of you who have Pinterest attached to their Folksy shops set up a separate business page. And while I can understand the benefit of pinning your own stuff, what other types of stuff do you pin?

Thanks

I use the same account , but have folksy boards , I pin other peoples work to help promote them, I make front page boards to offer to Folksy and I have boards of things I really love and think are inspired.

1 Like

I have quite a few boards and have created a ‘KB Creations’ board to pin my own Folksy items on and a ‘Folksy Finds’ board to pin other peoples items on that I have found on Folksy that I like…

Kim
x

Thanks for replying Deborah. Although I have a ton of stuff pinned on my personal boards, am only just beginning to explore social media for business and it is fascinating.

I will also pin other people’s work as in my experience I don’t think the general public are aware of Folksy at all. Which is such a shame as there is so much wonderful stuff to be found here.

Thanks Kim (I obviously type too slowly to avoid cross posting) that’s very helpful

I simply have a variety boards all with clear titles so I can pin my own folksy items and other folksy items.

I also have other boards such as gardening, interior design, knitting, patchwork etc etc

Hi!
I started a Pinterest account earlier this year and now have several boards (the first recorded my search for an outfit to wear to my daughters wedding!) . I always pin my new Folksy listings to my board ‘What has Allison made?’. I’m exploring the idea of using social media to promote my Folksy shop - creating a blog and a Facebook page to link in with Folksy. It’s all new to me so I’m paying a computer savvy friend to get it all set up and tutor me through it. I’ve created Pinterest boards to help me with this process - including colour schemes and advice on how to write an ‘about me’ page that I’ve found either on other Pinterest pages or on the web. I add boards to follow and some have added me to their lists so I guess it’s all ‘networking’.
Best wishes
Allison

Hum! I agree Folksy is a bit of a mystery to people - even other crafters! When I’m chatting with fellow stall-holders at local craft fairs I often get a blank look when I mention Folksy or Etsy. Adding links to Folksy through pins on Pinterest must be one way of introducing new people to the site.
Allison

I have boards for the stuff I sell on Folksy and a separate one for you all you other talented folk on here. I also sell via Etsy so I have different boards for the Etsy stuff.