Playmat with optional variations - listing advice

Hiya all. Would welcome your thoughts on how best to list my little felt playmats as they come with optional toy storage bags in various fabrics.

My new range of toy felt playmats are reversible, and have a different style on each side. Most of the styles are land or sea scapes so can be used for a wide range of “open-ended” play activities . A couple do have a specific theme on one side (“Under the sea” or “Outer Space”) but the other side is generic.

However, the little toy storage bags are more themed. I have lots of them in different prints including castles, dragons, zoo, farm, pirates, dinosaurs, rockets and many more… and some themes are repeated in different prints or colours. Apart from the obvious links such as Outer Space mat and the Rocket print fabric, quite a lot of the bags can go with any of the mats .:exploding_head:

How best should I list them? I am already thinking each mat will have it’s own listing, but should I

• Show all fabrics as photos (perhaps with a numbering system), and ask people to write the preferred fabric in the options box?
  • have a drop down list with the full list of fabric choices in each of the mat listings
  • just list a few fabric options and also signpost people to another separate listing where all the bags are available
  • Don’t include the bags as options at all, but signpost to them in a different listing in my shop.

I have done one listing already - this is a “landscape” mat and I’ve shown animal and fantasy themed fabrics, but not the sea themed ones (pirates, fish ect), and just gone for a simple text option for the theme. However, I’ve further complicated it by giving an option for 2 bags - but I could just stick with “buy 1” and signpost elsewhere in my shop for extras.

Hope this makes sense, and appreciate you taking the time to read/view and offer advice.

Some more photos of the other playmats and the bags if helpful

2 Likes

Your play mats are lovely, :heart_eyes: no idea on the best way to list them though, sorry I’m no help at all but I’m sure someone knowledgable will be able to advise.

1 Like

Hi Sharon, personally I would list the toy bags and mats seperately if there is no drop down option, otherwise use a dropdown menu and use the bags in this listing as an option? The way it’s listed at the moment I cannot see an option to add a bag. I have never used a dropdown on Folksy so not sure if its available

1 Like

Hi Sharon, the drop down menu option is perfect and very simple to understand.
I would perhaps put in the description, optional toy bags are available as shown for an additional £5 or two for £8, please select using the option button at checkout.
Last image shows fabric choices available for the bag, please select from the drop down options.
I have 2 options on my letterbox kits the same, o e for the card option and another for the verse, I havn’t had any problems to date.
Great idea by the way, I think they will be popular.

2 Likes

Thanks all, very helpful. I’ve been dithering about listing these for ages as I just couldn’t choose the simplest way. I’ll have a go at other listings using your suggestions and see how they look.

Well I’ve just had another look and there is the ‘choose options’ right at the top! :joy: staring me right in the face, so now my answer is different and actually I think this works well

1 Like

Thank you Binny @mysticalwhimsey. I have tweaked the options based on advice given here and I think it’s working great now too. :blush::blush:

1 Like