Possible reason for un-paid purchases

My aunt was trying to buy something from my store today and she had forgotten her Paypal password. In the process of retrieving her password it meant that she couldn’t pay for her purchase as there seemed to be no way to get back to her invoice and couldn’t find a way to pay again through Folksy. There was also no way for me to send her and invoice through Folksy to give her the option to pay via Paypal again.

Could this be why we end up with so many customers failing to pay for goods?

I wonder if it would be a good idea for Folksy to have a send invoice option if this happens. Some buyers might not realise that the payment hasn’t gone through if this kind of thing has happened to them too.

If I have a customer who doesnt pay I usually email them but they just dont reply!
most of my customers do pay and I would like to think they would contact me to say there was a problem.
But as you mentioned perhaps an invoice option would be an idea

1 Like

If your aunt is registered on Folksy, she should be able to retrieve her order under the ‘purchases’ option on her dashboard and continue with payment as usual. If she is a guest buyer, and she confirmed the order, she should have an e-mail from Folksy with a link that will allow her to complete payment. The link is only valid for 24 hours, then you would either have to cancel the order and she can buy it again, or you can send her a paypal invoice directly and she can pay on that. You will then be able to mark the order as paid.

1 Like

Ahh, we never found that on here account, she decided to pay in cash when I deliver her jewellery to her instead. I’m very new to Folksy so still figuring it all out, good to know there is options there for someone who has the same issue as my Aunt did.

Although not relevant to the first message in this topic, I’m sure it might help someone. If your very first order is ‘un paid’ it might be worth double checking that your paypal email address is correct.

I always type it correctly, and always double check it but somehow I managed to miss out a letter when I opened my new Folksy shop. Luckily my first order was from someone I knew and we managed to sort it together. She had paid but it went to another email address, but because the email address wasn’t valid, the money could be retrieved back into her account, thankfully. Lesson learnt!

1 Like

I didn’t know any of that, Christine @ciesse! I have a different experience of non-payers than Diane in that they usually do reply and say that they’re having problems paying. A lot of people aren’t experienced at using computers, especially some older people( not being ageist, I’m quite wrinkly myself!) and get flustered. I have been sent cheques or I have sent a Paypal invoice direct.

1 Like

Here’s the link to the Knowledge Base that deals with payments and payment problems. It’s useful to be able to direct customers here if they are having issues at checkout or are a bit confused with the process

http://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/54071-how-do-i-pay-for-an-item