Postage fees not appearing on orders šŸ˜

Hi guys

I have just sold an item today, but the postage fees havenā€™t shown up on the order. Fortunately I know the buyer from previous sales, but I was wondering if thereā€™s a problem that others are experiencing :weary:

I know of this issue happening before. Have a look at this thread http://talk.folksy.com/t/anyone-else-having-problems/12020 - it boils down to whether or not they have selected to pay via paypal and if they havenā€™t then folksy donā€™t have the verified address so canā€™t confirm how much postage to charge (ie UK or overseas) so it gets set to zero. You might also need to check your settings in Paypal - if you log in to paypal then on the settings page there is a ā€˜my selling preferencesā€™ tab which has at the bottom a ā€˜postage calculationsā€™ option double check what has been selected there but if memory serves that tends to cause postage to be charged twice (once by folksy, once by paypal).
Hope that makes some sort of sense (my grammar rather looks like it has gone awry)
Sasha

Hi Sashaā€¦thank you so much for your message, as you hit the nail on the head. The buyer emailed me saying sh couldnā€™t log into her PayPal and needed to do a bank transfer, so that would be the problem. Suppose there isnā€™t much we can do when that happens and itā€™s embarrassing having to ask for the postage :flushed: Hopefully it wonā€™t happen too often as I donā€™t want to have to put prices up to compensate. Iā€™ll have to put a message on my listing letting buyers know.