Postage not added to order

Another issue… I’m wondering what possessed me to open a Folksy shop! Any help much appreciated! Just made my first sale and postage (which is stated on the listing!) at £5.55 has not been added. The customer had problems trying to pay and I have had an email from Folksy saying " Please note that shipping fees have not been added to this order, as we are unable to calculate them if the buyer does not go through Paypal or Stripe. Please remember to add any shipping fees applicable."
How on earth do I do this post sale???
Wendy
Baroque Bags

Further to this, If I cancel the order which it looks like I’ll have to do, will I lose money in fees, if so that is shockingly bad on Folksy!
Wendy
Baroque Bags

Hope you manage to sort this out soon, how frustrating. I’d contact Folksy Support and give them all the details - I’ve always found them very helpful and (unlike on certain other platforms) they are actual real people!

1 Like

If you send the an invoice to the customer cost of the bag plus postage, this can be done on either PayPal or stripe. Once paid annotate the order as paid.

Folksy support are very helpful and this problem is probably not their end but the payment platform and card the customer is using.

1 Like

At the moment the sale is pending as they haven’t paid. The buyer has had issues with the payment system so you need to send them an invoice (either via paypal or stripe) and when you make that invoice you need to remember to add the postage costs onto it. (Probably worth checking with the person what address they want it sent to so you know how mach postage to charge).
If you do have to cancel a sale then folksy refunds their fees, the payment processors do not.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you are experiencing so many issues Wendy @baroquebagsboutique - I hope that I can reassure you that these things don’t really happen very often and you seem to have been given a baptism of fire!
I hope that things progress much more smoothly with you shop from now on x

1 Like

I had a customer wanting to buy a gift voucher and saying they wanted to pay by credit card and tnis wasn’t available. I told them that they could use Stripe to pay by credit card. I got no response so I suspect the ‘unable to pay’ might have been a weird scam.

This wasn’t a scam. It’s a common problem with paypal/folksy. To get around it I have added postage to all items and will refund overpayment on multiple items posted in the same parcel. Too much time to add it on PayPal for each listing.
Hopefully it won’t happen again.