Price of subject categories

I have my items in subject categories, but wondered if it would be easier for shoppers to shop via price brackets. I have to admit Ive no idea what to buy people but I do always have a budget in mind.
Do any of you do this and did you see any difference in sales?

1 Like

Just before Christmas I added a £5 and under price category as I was thinking about £5 Secret Santa gifts. I’m not sure if it increased my sales or not but when I am browsing for a gift, I do usually have a price in mind, so I do normally look at things within a price bracket.
The only limitations with this is that it may put someone off of looking at something a little over their price range which may actually be the perfect gift which they may have stumbled upon if it wasn’t in a price category!
I don’t know - lol!

Ive realised I can do both, have eg a textiles section and a £5 section etc Il let you know if it helps sales.

1 Like

One of the things I like most about the Folksy shop set up is that items can be cross-promoted in multiple sections (something the dark side hasn’t managed, yet :wink: ). Most of my shop is technically lower value items, and I don’t want a section that literally encompasses (almost) every item - but I really like the price-point section idea. I might play around with it, I think…

1 Like